5 replies to this topic

RickP

RickP

Dan RH Jr.

• Gold
  • 6,504 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North
http://www.gk-music....deo-lessons.htm

I have been watching some of the videos where Gordy demonstrates his Open Closed technique and it is really a great way to do a number of different steokes in a very rellaxed manner.
I am in no way associated with Gordy , just thought this was a very valid technique that is excellent for building technique and speed with relaxation. I found his comparison of the Moeller technique vs the Open Closed technique very cool too.

Edited by RickP, 09 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

ruanddu

ruanddu

• Members
  • 443 posts
Awesome stuff! Is this same technique Buddy Rich used?

bigbonzo

bigbonzo

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationNorth Ridgeville, Ohio
Buddy used the Rich-Adler Technique:

Buddy Rich's Modern Interpretation of Snare Drum Rudiments
By: Buddy Rich and Ted MacKenzie
Book/2 DVD Pack
120 Pages

Buddy Rich's Modern Interpretation of Snare Drum Rudiments contains systematic instruction for the beginner student who wants to learn to play drums. It is also a great value to the teacher and professional drummer who wishes to increase his knowledge of rudiments. In addition to the elementary principles of music, there are 83 lessons of exercises and rudiments, 21 reading exercises, 10 exercises employing rudiments and advanced rhythmic studies. Mr. Rich's ability and genius in the drum world make this tutorial one of the landmarks of drum literature. In this 2-DVD edition, Ted MacKenzie reveals for the first time the Rich-Adler technique as it was intended. Making it accessible to all drummers, beginners and advanced alike. The DVDs include demonstrations of all the basic drum lessons and rudiments. DVD 1 includes the lessons played in non-bounce, matched technique format; DVD 2 includes the lessons played in bounce, traditional technique format.

Jim P

Jim P

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 729 posts
Adler's technique is definately different.

ruanddu

ruanddu

• Members
  • 443 posts
Thanks for the responses. To those who have learned different techniques, which one is preferred and why? Thanks.

Kevin O'Connor

Kevin O'Connor

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 8,971 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, Indiana USA
I have Gordy's dvd's and have found them useful. He also makes some pretty good headphones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users