• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

st.inc

st.inc

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • Locationwarren pa.

im going to start this pay it foward thread. if you see something on the thread you can use you can claim it BY CALLING DIBS or 2nd DIBS if someone else dibbed it ETC.... if you call dibs it goes to the first person that dibbed the item unless they back out and the 2nd dibber gets a chance. if the person that listed the item is a stand up person you should get your item in the mail if it is still availiable. my only catch/rules are if you take something you have to post something in return to give away. the person offering the item can not sell the item but can charge a reasonable shipping cost or if they want they can ship it at no cost to the person that wants it.  DONT FORGET IF YOU TAKE SOMETHING PUT SOMETHING BACK UP TO PAY IT FOWARD. you dont need to take an item to PIF an item. if this thread is against the rules or the mods dont like it then just go ahead and delete it.

Edited by st.inc, 18 May 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Pontiac Rich

Pontiac Rich

For Bongo & JM :(

• Members
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationMaine
Hey st.inc nice spin on PIF! :occasion5:

st.inc

st.inc

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • Locationwarren pa.

Hey st.inc nice spin on PIF! :occasion5:

thanks, i hope it can take off and be a useful and fun thread. we had one of these threads on a old school bmx forum i am a member of and it worked pretty well.

Edited by st.inc, 27 January 2013 - 12:05 AM.

MLayton

MLayton

Drummer

• Double Platinum
  • 30,631 posts
i think its a great idea personally. very nice gesture st inc. :icon_smile:

mike

dmacc

dmacc

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationWestern, NY
Great idea! I have a few things to post myself and will do so later this week.

dmacc

dmacc

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationWestern, NY
item has been sold outside of DFO

Edited by dmacc, 01 February 2013 - 05:43 AM.

Mike Tama

Mike Tama

Drum Czar

• Silver
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationUSA
paypal does not charge receiving fees if its a gift???

Edited by Mike Tama, 03 February 2013 - 09:30 AM.

idiotmyshkin

idiotmyshkin

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • LocationSE Michigan
This may turn into the "Cracked Cymbal Exchange" hehe. But I have a really messed up paiste 302 16" crash that's been cracked and repaired and recracked. I dunno, might make a nice splash or something. You pay shipping though.

MLayton

MLayton

Drummer

• Double Platinum
  • 30,631 posts

So if you say its a gift paypal does not charge receiving fees???

thats correct. buyer has no paypal protection however.

mike

st.inc

st.inc

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • Locationwarren pa.
slingerland snare piece has been dibbed by bonzoholic. it is no longer availiable.

Mike Tama

Mike Tama

Drum Czar

• Silver
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationUSA
Does anyone have one of these laying around.

If so you would make my day

this thread is going to turn into Sanford and Son Drums lol

Attached Files

Pontiac Rich

Pontiac Rich

For Bongo & JM :(

• Members
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationMaine
May I make a suggestion? And I do this quite hesitantly because it's not my thread. The idea of PIF as I have myself incorporated it into my life, is do something for someone else, and they'll do something good for another person etc. This implies no money changes hands , otherwise this is nothing more than a true swap thread.

I ask - again humble and hesitantly - that the person offering the item not ask for shipping, just send the item to its new owner...it's all part of the PIF idea.

If this ruffles the feathers of the OP, I sincerely apologize. I just would like to see this thread be a true PIF.

With regards for all. :occasion5:

blueshadow

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along

• Members
  • 11,794 posts
  • LocationNorth of Austin, Texas
I've got a Hi Hat project for someone... would like shipping or trade for something else. Got most of the other stuff in the pic too, except the cymbal spring is gone and I'm keeping the metronome. (sending metronome to Bonzo since he's rehabing the HH stand for a kid)

Pontiac Rich is correct... all of the above minus the cymbal arm fits in one box, so basically a Ludwig HH that needs a bottom hat seat, a clutch and a new conector for the footboard. Gone to Bonzo

Also included would be the rogers plates (not worth much unless you are covering holes I guess)

Black chrome 9.5 floor tom legs

Ludwig concert tom (or marching) clip.

Toca Cowbell.

Attached Files

Edited by blueshadow, 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

FunkyCrime

FunkyCrime

Advanced Snr. Member

• Platinum
  • 742 posts
  • LocationNJ
Man I've got some stuff for this thread,.. will list this weekend.

st.inc

st.inc

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • Locationwarren pa.

May I make a suggestion? And I do this quite hesitantly because it's not my thread. The idea of PIF as I have myself incorporated it into my life, is do something for someone else, and they'll do something good for another person etc. This implies no money changes hands , otherwise this is nothing more than a true swap thread.

I ask - again humble and hesitantly - that the person offering the item not ask for shipping, just send the item to its new owner...it's all part of the PIF idea.

If this ruffles the feathers of the OP, I sincerely apologize. I just would like to see this thread be a true PIF.

With regards for all. :occasion5:

if actual shipping is all thats being asked for some descent useable parts then the parts are still actually free except shipping cost. nobody is going to want to pif a snare or a tom or anything of a larger size if they are going to have to fork out 15-20 bucks to give it away. if the person offering an item is wealthy enough and wants to ship an item at cost to himself then that is fine. i would rather see useable parts go to someone that can use them instead of getting thrown out or discarded. i have had quite a few descent items that i would have just given away if someone paid the shipping cost for them, maybe someone will post some higher quality parts, pieces or items if they are not liable for the shipping cost which in turn would make this a more useful and fun thread. not to mention charging shipping only on an item keeps people from just saying "oh i will take that its free" and over abusing the "PIF" idea. if its an honest shipping cost and the person isnt making any beer money on the transaction i personally dont think there is a problem with it. if a PIF'er wants to include shipping cost then thats great, if a dibber doesnt want to pay a fair shipping price for some free parts then that would be their option. it doesnt matter to me if its called a swap or a pif thread, im just trying to give some parts away that i dont need at either shipping cost or for free. i have allready paid $3.00 to ship a small pif package out yesterday its no big deal but i cant afford to pay shipping on multiple items. i understand where you are coming from and whoever posts on the thread can deal with it however they see fit to do the deal. its all good to me however it is done, i dont want any trouble or any fights just trying to help out, get rid of small or uneeded items and have some fun at little or no cost to others. also, sorry if any of you dont like my grammar, this is the internet not english class!

idiotmyshkin

idiotmyshkin

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • LocationSE Michigan
Here's some pics of my pif
Attached File  20130201_174058.jpg   2.85MB   9 downloads
Attached File  20130201_174240.jpg   3.08MB   8 downloads
Attached File  20130201_174113.jpg   3.19MB   22 downloads
Attached File  20130201_174201.jpg   2.59MB   2 downloads

blueshadow

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along

• Members
  • 11,794 posts
So the High Hat stand will go to Bonzoholic who's going to rehab it for a neighbor's kid. This stand originally was given to me by a forum member I think Shuffle? Anyway in true PIF fashion the travel HH stand is moving on :)

Bonzoholic

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy

• Members
  • 8,495 posts
  • LocationPrescott, AZ.
My thanks go out to st. inc & blueshadow. I will PIF next week.

Good on ya!

blueshadow

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along

• Members
  • 11,794 posts
Hey if anyone has a Ludwig large curved spur mount only I could use one. One of mine is stripped out... not bad for being twenty years old.

Zickosman

Zickosman

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationNorman, Oklahoma
I don't know what I have to put on right now but I have an employee who has two sons and whose husband was just laid off. They have a drum set but need either/or a hi hat pedal or a throne. Currently they have no pedal and they are using some stacked chairs for a throne. If anyone can help, please pm me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users