• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Double Platinum
  • 15,723 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

That is a bummer. I would call Gretsch and get them to make it right. You shouldn't have to wait another 4 months to get the drum you should have got in the first place. Those details are what separates good from great. With the competition out there these days, I can't believe that got by QC. If I was buying those drums, I would expect perfection.

Like Sterwart said, it happens to them all. I've had Yamaha's have to go back as well. I just made a DW order fro two add on toms for my pink champagne Collector kit...Fingers are crossed. (I'm sure they'll be fine)

MoonMusic

MoonMusic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

I unboxed my DW Performance kit a couple weeks ago and they are PERFECT!!! Now I'm afraid of when I'm going to put the first knick on them....I'm just a tad above clumsy so I know it's coming, I just don't know when.....All my other kits were low mid to low range kits with wraps so I never gave a s&$!! about them....These however are ebony stain laquer and now I keep checking while I'm playing to make sure none of the stands are touching the kick, floor tom...Bottom ring of rack tom isn't rubbing the top of the kick, etc.......I got half a notion just to put a scratch somewhere and be done with it because it's driving me NUTZ!!!....LOL......moon

BlakeN70

BlakeN70

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Dan, beautiful drums. I am so sorry to hear of this happening. I don't believe this thread was uncalled for nor did you bash Gretsch in any way. I had a recent issue some may remember with a snare from DW. Well Scott Mundy himself called my house and said he would over night the drum to me. Maybe if you decide to send the drum back, gretsch will over night it back to you once the issue is fixed. As far as DW they are still A1 in my book.

vegasvintagedrums

vegasvintagedrums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

The person you need to talk to is Paul Cooper.  He is the supervisor of the manufacturing and repair portion of Gretsch.  I sent back a bass for repair.  Nothing that Gretsch did wrong either.  I received it like that from Fedex due to a terrible packing job by the previous owner (a DF member).  The DF member eventually blew me off and Gretsch fixed it for free,  Not only was it fixed, instead of fixing the old bass Gretsch made me a new one, NO CHARGE, and sent it across the country to me FOR FREE.

Gretsch Drums
248 Grays Hwy
Ridgeland SC 29936
Attn: Paul Cooper

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Double Platinum
  • 15,723 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Thanks Man. I'm gonna let Dave from Maxwell handle it since he's aware. I am sure it will be worked out. I appreciate it though.

drummerbill

drummerbill

Drum Czar

• Gold
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationNY-NJ Tri-state Area

A friend of mine that manages a local drum dept told me a story about receiving a brand spanking new DW collectors sets a few years ago and when they opened up the sealed boxes all the drums where covered in beach sand...whole kit !   Looked like they where out for a "Shindig in Malibu" with Gidget before they where packed up and sent to their shop.  Back they went and where replaced.  ;-)

Shyte hapens !  :-)

SamS

SamS

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC

I'm currently waiting for a 14x24 and a 9x13 USA Custom they are matching to my current Vintage Blonde set.  They've had one of my set's toms since the first week in December for matching. They should arrive in about a week. Let's see how they do. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users