5 replies to this topic

snurf

snurf

Advanced Snr. Member

• Gold
  • 520 posts
  • LocationFinland
Annouced on Sabian Facebook:
"SABIAN AND CRESCENT FORGE CYMBAL ALLIANCE!

To meet the demands of customers and artists for new cymbals, Cymbal Masters of Kenesaw, GA, will begin offering select Crescent models in North America, hand made to their exacting specifications, by Sabian, LTD.

Sabian CEO, Andy Zildjian says, “I am very happy to be working with Cymbal Masters. I am impressed with their passion for and knowledge of cymbals. This is an opportunity to expand our tradition of hand hammering cymbals, originally brought to Sabian by Kerope Zilcan."

Crescent CEO, Michael Vosbein adds, “This new relationship offers Crescent the chance to expand our sound palette with production on two continents, taking advantage of the best craftsmanship in both the old and new worlds.”

Turkish hand made and Zildjian formula...ya know what it means?

lossforgain

lossforgain

Team DFO

• Moderators
  • 9,997 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Sounds like it could either bring back a sound that many of us miss, or it could just be a total MISS in general. No way to know until we start hearing and playing them!

snurf

snurf

Advanced Snr. Member

• Gold
  • 520 posts
  • LocationFinland
Crescent hammer smiths are the guys who worked for Bosphorus before. Turkish traditional old Zildjian K factory process can't go wrong IMHO. Sabian prepares answer to incoming Kerope series from Zildjian and some Stanton Moore Jeff Hamilton signature experiments blended with secret Zildjian formula.
Whatever result -I'm very curious

Jeff Shoup

Jeff Shoup

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,092 posts
  • LocationMid Michigan

My guess is that the cymbals produced by Sabian for Crescent are going to be along the lines of the Gold series that was offered by Bosphorus. Heavier weights, a little more cutting, intended for the rock n' roll crowd, and at a lower price point than the Istanbul-made cymbals. But that's just a guess.

JS

avedisschwinn

avedisschwinn

Advanced Snr. Member

• Platinum
  • 523 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA

I have visited Sabian, and they certainly already make incredible turkish style hand hammered cymbals. I think they may just be tired of having everything except mystique in that regard. I think this could help both Sabian and Crescent. 

xipa4

xipa4

Minions/Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationAVL HQ

My prediction for the models that made by Sabian is Modern,Bright sounding cymbals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users