I bought this drum here on DFO over a year ago, there was a thread on it but I cant find it. Anyway, thought I would share with you my method for fixing this 7x15" Slingerland shell. I is three ply, mahogany, poplar, mahogany. The drum must have been dropped on the strainer at some point, the shell is severely damaged.
So first I removed the entire outer ply, then cut out a section that spanned between two lugs but staggered the cuts in each ply about one inch. I then patched in a new piece of mahogany veneer to the inside, gluing and clamping it to the rings. Then fit and glued a piece of poplar that I planned down to 1/8" over the mahogany veneer. Last step was to wrap the entire shell with new mahogany veneer.
Here are a few pics of the process. I dont know if this drum is worth the effort or If I am going about this correctly or not but I had fun doing it.