10 minute death metal song

Discussion in 'VIDEO FILES' started by scottpep, Jan 8, 2018.

1. scottpep

scottpep Well-Known Member

Here is one of my band Dissolution's new songs that is 10 minutes long. It is an endurance test to play this with no breaks. I know death metal is not everyone's cup of tea but it sure is fun to play. It really picks up around the 2:45 point in tempo.

The audio is not CD quality, there are zero edits, and there are plenty of mistakes. I will be spending the next month ironing out the time changes, changing a few parts up and getting ready to record 7 brand new songs. I also chopped half my head off for some of the video when I bumped the camera, so lots of fails going on in this video haha. I might make another song soon to redeem this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    bob likes this.
  2. scottpep

Had to update the link. Apparently my first time on the internet. lol

3. bob

bob DFO Master

no it's not my style of music ..... but you can play , you have great hands and feet .... wow
    and the jets aren't that bad this year ....

4. scottpep

Thanks man. Every year I am hopeful the Oilers break out too. They have a ton of talent on that team, I don't understand it.

To be completely honest this is not as much my style as it used to be. When I jam with the band sure, but I never listen to it otherwise, and find myself if i just end up at the kit trying to play stuff with some groove and pocket. Funk beats, shuffles, and stuff I can keep time on my left foot. I have a second drumset and I took the double pedal off it and put on a single even. 1 rack tom. I prefer going to that kit and trying to groove. Maybe I'm getting older, or just realized speed is cool for show once in a while, but it's also kind of boring. If the vocals were on this track, most non metal fans would like it even less too haha.

5. bob

bob DFO Master

i'm pretty sure you have no trouble with the other stuff you play ..... and , i hope the oilers can pick it up in the 2nd half too ....

6. scottpep

i'm pretty sure you have no trouble with the other stuff you play ..... and , i hope the oilers can pick it up in the 2nd half too ....

Funny you should say that. when you spend the better part of 20 years trying to go as fast as you can, open space is very hard to deal with. When I'm playing a nice slow groove, my body is telling me to play 16th notes or 32nd notes (if its real slow) and add in every ghost note under the sun... When I listen back it sucks. Either too busy, or my timing is sloppy. also, trying not to speed up when I don't have a click it difficult.... Even when I do get it, the second I have a fill, or something with some triplets I seem to crank it about 20 bpm lol.

That is why it's become my main focus.. Also using the click on 1/4 notes at 220 BPM it is pretty to keep your time in check.. I seem to slid offmore at 80 bpm.. I'm trying to put the click on whole notes and the up beat and whatnot too but this will be a long process.