Drumless Backing Track For Training

Discussion in 'The Teachers Lounge' started by Le Maj, May 10, 2018.

1. Le Maj

Le Maj New Member

Hi,
    I was looking for some backing tracks for drummers a couple of months before and it was a problem. From that reason I decided to make some of this track. Because it was hard, I dont want to let it for myself. So if you want, you can enjoy this tracks on Youtube. There are about 70 tracks especially Groove, Funky, Fusion style and Jazz on my channel. For example, The Chicken, Cantaloupe Island, Chameleon, and some more songs.
    So enjoy it if you want and I woud be very glad about some feedback J . If you have wish to hear a song which is missing in the collection, let me know and I will add it.

Some tracks for example:
    - The Chicken
    - Chameleon
    - So what
    - Donna Lee
    - Take Five
    - Jazz Fusion
    - Funky music

And more and more J

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    wpmoorej and mtarrani like this.
  2. CSR

CSR Member since May 2000

Lots of good stuff there! I can immediately use Birdland. Thanks for posting!

3. Le Maj

Le Maj New Member

You are welcome :) Enjoy it and have fun :)

4. cworrick

cworrick The BIG Bunny on the block

I found these a couple months ago. Great resorce for players wanting to learn the basics of a lot of songs.
    My only gripe is that some of them are too short and cut out some key things. But the structure of the song is there which is the important part.

5. JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy DFO Master

Le Maj, thank you! I will check them out later tonight.....how did you create them? A live band? Thru software?

6. Le Maj

Le Maj New Member

Hi, thank you :) it's combination between live playing and software. Solo's, melody's are live and any special backgrounds are software.

7. Le Maj

Le Maj New Member

Thank you for feedback, I thing it's not short because in the statistick, many drummers play only with 50% time of song :)

8. BNK

BNK Well-Known Member

I found a great Youtube channel "TheJonesin_9" that uploads garageband tracks without the drums. He has hundreds of songs and you can download the audio only with a youtube downloader app.

Cool thing is, these are the original studio tracks (minus drums) taken directly from the original tapes so the quality is exceptional.

Try searching youtube for "Drumless backing Tracks" and you'll find lots of other gems. I currently have 841 dreamless songs for practicing to and not one MIDI file instrumental in the bunch.