GoPro Hero 4 Drum sound demo

Discussion in 'VIDEO FILES' started by kaide, Jan 27, 2015.

1. kaide

kaide Well-Known Member

Hi guys!
    I recorded this GoPro sound demo using different covers for the camera. Without the cover it compresses every snare hit and with the waterproof cover it sounds better because the compressor isn't working all the time (at least in my opinion). Take a listen with headphones if you agree with me or not.
    I'm playing Brick House groove added with a lot fills....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
  2. DanRH

DanRH Old guy, getting younger

Nice. I prefer the first sonically. Nice playing!

3. xsabers

xsabers World's Second Most Okayest Drummer

Agreed, even with the compression kicking in rather abruptly on snare hits. I take it the unit doesn't have gain control? Or at least a way to disable the auto gain feature?

4. kaide

kaide Well-Known Member

Thanks! There is no gain controls so without the cover everything is really compressed and it changes the way snare sounds. With the cover on the compressor isn't working all the time and it sounds better for me even maybe a little bit too bright. The sound is mono so you better use another recorded if you want some audio quality.

5. Boatamb

Boatamb New Member

6. kaide

kaide Well-Known Member

By the way I feel that you get the best sound of GoPro 4 with cover that has open holes for microphones. And I originally bought a cheap chinese mic adapter for GoPro and it worked for a little while but sometimes you got some noises...I finally bought the original GoPro Mic adapter cable and that's the only one working 100 %. With this setup I can record pretty nice videos from my inear mixer.