OT dehumidifier

Discussion in 'General' started by skydawg, May 18, 2018.

1. skydawg

skydawg New Member

Can anyone recommend a brand of a portable room dehumidifier that doeasn`t crap out after 2 years? Thanks.

2. blownaway

blownaway New Member

Honeywell 50 or 70 pint Energy Star - I've go two of them for my new garage. Work great, I think they have a 5 year warranty. Great support too.

3. cochlea

cochlea Well-Known Member

I've had bad luck with portable room dehumidifiers. We use one in our basement and I'm now on my 4th in 11 years. The first one (Whirlpool) suddenly stopped removing moisture from the air although the motor/fan continued to run. It had a 5 year warranty and Whirlpool sent me a check for the full price I originally paid after 3 years of use. I then bought a Kenmore which started to leak all over the floor after 2 years. I then moved on to a Frigidaire that also began to leak after a few years. Similar to Whirlpool, Frigidaire sent me a prepaid credit card for the retail price of the unit (which was more than what I originally paid). I was so impressed by this gesture, because I couldn't locate the receipt, that I went out this past January and bought another Frigidaire 70 pint unit. Like you, I've been frustrated by how short these units last. I would urge you to look into warranty coverage before buying a new one and hold onto your receipt.