RACK TUBE ALTERNATIVES

Discussion in 'General' started by wompusderg, Jul 13, 2018.

1. wompusderg

wompusderg New Member

having trust issues, i set out to verify if 1.25" i.d. emt conduit had wall thickness issues in a drum rack set up. it does not. i'm guessing the nay sayer worked for a music gear supplier or even gibraltar itself. the wall thickness of 1.25" i.d. emt tube provides an o.d. of 1.50". it's basically flat finish gibraltar tubing. here's the point... gibraltar rack tubing is anywhere from .75 cents to .90 cents an inch. 10 feet of 1.25" emt tubing is $17.00 at a big box home store, pick one. you can pick up a manual conduit bender on line, used, from 25 to 80 bucks. with the bender? you can do pretzel tubes if you like. attached is a pic of my no leg snare stand with emt tubing. i gave the snare set up an overly aggressive pounding. NOTHING MOVED.

Attached Files:

2. Tmcfour

Tmcfour DFO Veteran

Nice!

3. Mongrel

Mongrel Very well Known Member

So I'm not the only one? Lol..

Galvanized fence tubing same stuff....and they usually won't miss a peice here and there! Har-har

4. blueshadow

blueshadow Just Shuffling along Staff Member Moderator

Used to be a guy in San Antonio 20 plus years ago that was doing wooden rack "tubes" they looked great but were heavy and I'd imagine would start to scratch up once moved around much.