Slingerland or Leedy Flat Base Hi Hat Model 804

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Gregg DeCarlo, Dec 5, 2018 at 2:01 AM.

1. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

I have a Leedy Shelly Manne model of this Hi Hat and need some parts for it. Since it's really a Slingerland Hi Hat with a Leedy Shelly Manne model foot board, the parts could come from either a Leedy or Slingerland version of this. Parts needed are a foot board rubber heel piece with the 3 screws used to attach it, the spike with the bolt and wing nut that is on one of the legs to keep the Hi Hat from moving and the top tube with the correct white basket and tilt screw. Thanks

2. sksmith-1

sksmith-1 Well-Known Member

Gregg,
    I have one. I'll take some photos of it tonight when I get home and post them.
    Thanks,
    Steve

3. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

I'll look for them.

Thank You Gregg

4. sksmith-1

Here are some pics of the stand. The plastic cup is chipped but still functional.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steve

5. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

I was looking for the parts but looks like you have the Hi Hat itself. The photos are helpful although kind of blurry. I think the foot board has the rubber heel piece but please confirm and that all 3 of the screws are there holding it in place. I see the spike to keep the Hi hat from moving is there. I also see the top tube and chipped white cup. Is there a clutch? If I'm going to consider buying another Hi Hat could you please confirm this is 100% original and if not, what isn't plus please describe the overall condition including any rust , chrome loss/chipping, scratches dents etc.... that may exist. I see the rust on the foot board frame. Also does it operate properly. How much you would want for it and how much to ship to MN. Thank You

6. Jaimoe7

Jaimoe7 Well-Known Member

GC- Jim here- I may have what you need- it's a Leedy model- I will take some photos tomorrow and get back to you....thx

7. sksmith-1

Gregg,
    It is all original and there is not a clutch. The chrome is nice except the footboard frame. To my knowledge, these were never chromed. It does function well.
    I've been rehabbing my basement and drug this out of the box I'm storing it in. I'll bring it upstairs tonight and give it a good cleaning and some glamour shots for you. Sorry, I forgot to take a pick of the rubber and the screws. I'll get that for you also.
    I do not need this and am not looking to make anything, so $50 shipped? Let me know after I post a few more pics for you later today.
    Thanks,
    Steve

8. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

Sounds good -- I'll look for them. Gregg

9. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

Sounds good. Don't trouble yourself too much though on the cleaning. Chrome loss/chipping can be seen but if there's any rust as long as it comes off with a metal cleaner like Noxon 7 I don't mind cleaning, as I actually prefer to clean it myself. I see your an experienced member and I am new. What is the process to two people to complete a purchase on this site? Thanks

10. sksmith-1

Slingerland hihat 010.jpg Slingerland hihat 011.jpg Slingerland hihat 014.jpg Slingerland hihat 015.jpg Slingerland hihat 013.jpg Slingerland hihat 012.jpg Slingerland hihat 016.jpg

Here are some additional pics Gregg. The top tube is in really nice shape, just slightly indented front tightening the wingnut. I tried to get as good of pics as I could of the lower tube. It has some pitting but no rust. There is also some tape residue and residue from where the original label was attached.
    Paypal is the best way. I'll send you a PM, there are some additional photos here as well.
    Thanks,
    Steve

11. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

Do you expect to send the photos and information today some time? also, I see you've been a member for quite awhile and I'm new. Could you please tell me what the payment process is once a buyer decides to buy from a seller? How do the seller and buyer know they can trust each other, is there a method like feedback on Ebay or Reverb? Thanks for your time.

12. Gregg DeCarlo

Gregg DeCarlo Member

The additional photos are very helpful. Is there a crack in the white cup in addition to the piece the rod goes through which is very obvious from the photo? Also is there a tilt adjustment screw as part of the cup? Couldn't tell for sure from the photos. What is a "PM?" Any idea how hard/easy it might be to find the proper clutch for this and white cup ? I am considering this but am waiting on information from another person that may just have the parts. Either way, hopefully I'll know in a few days or so and be back to you. Thanks

13. sksmith-1

"PM" is private message.
    The tilt screw is there. The white cup has just the chipped piece that you see, were the rod goes thru it.
    There are clutches on Ebay from time to time.
    Steve