Sonor Jojo Mayer pedal

Discussion in 'General' started by spaeth, Dec 26, 2018.

1. spaeth

spaeth Very well Known Member

My wife got me the new version of the Jojo Mayer pedal for Christmas. She got it from Murat up at the Drummers Hangout up in Canada. What a sweet piece of equipment. I have not had a strap drive pedal for ever. I really love the feel of this pedal. The adjustments are super smooth and intuitive. I have only messed with it for a few minutes but right now I am pretty much in love with this thing. Will let you know how it goes over time. I have been playing DW 5000 and Iron Cobra pedals for a while now and thought I would try something a little different.

Murat and Pounder like this.
  2. RickP

RickP Guest

I have both the original Sonor Perfect Balance (folding) pedal and the new Standard ( non-folding) pedal and long ve both.
    The smoothest pedals I have ever played. Both have been trouble free for me. I got my Standard model from forum member Murat as well.

3. Stretch Riedle

Stretch Riedle DFO Veteran

I thought I was going to use the Jojo Mayer pedal for the rest of my career...but I sold it off and replaced it with the Trick Pro1-V that I've owned before.
    I love the Trick and it's so solid there can't be any issues with it!

I will check out the Standard Jojo pedal when it FINALLY gets released in the US. Still waiting.....

Stretch

4. RickP

RickP Guest

I sold my Trick Pro 1V and bought the Sonor Perfect Balance . Different strokes go different folks . I really wanted to like the Trick pedal but did not like the feel at all .

5. Stretch Riedle

Stretch Riedle DFO Veteran

Do you find any difference in the feel between the original pedal and the Standard?

I still haven't gotten my foot on the Standard, but when I played both the Trick and the original Perfect Balance it took less than 5 minutes for me to know I wanted each one. I used to own the Trick, when I bought it as a double pedal thinking I was going to learn how to play a double pedal. I should have kept it and just used it as two singles.

Stretch

6. RickP

RickP Guest

The original Perfect Balance and the new Standard are identical feeling pedals.

7. Vistalite Black

Vistalite Black Ludwigs in the Basement

I think mine’s a Tama, probably from the late 70s. It came with the kit. It makes a nice boom.

8. AJMcHardy

AJMcHardy Well-Known Member

I'm keen to try the Standard when it turns up here in Australia. The folding aspect of the original and the fussy hoop clamp always stopped me from buying the original Perfect Balance.

9. Murat

Murat DFO Veteran

I am glad you are loving it Sir !

RickP likes this.
  10. dustjacket

dustjacket Very well Known Member

What in the world is taking so long for these to hit America?

11. bellbrass

bellbrass DFO Master

I just got my Jojo Standard, and I love it. All of the great action & feel without the crappy folding design. Plus, I can actually attach it correctly to my bass drum hoop now! I might get a second one. It's seriously competing with my 12 year-old Axis for favorite ever.