Two songs…

Discussion in 'AUDIO FILES' started by Harris K., Feb 28, 2019.

1. Harris K.

Harris K. DFO Veteran

…from my band’s first album. Recorded live in the studio in 2 days. No overdubs or editing, so every mistake is there for the entire world to hear :smile:. But I think that capturing the band’s live feel was worth it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-396884818/mexico?in=user-396884818/sets/about-time1

https://soundcloud.com/user-396884818/coming-through?in=user-396884818/sets/about-time1

I’d much appreciate your comments.

You can listen to the full album here: https://sixteenstrings.bandcamp.com...N8BOgXJ2slrUJ1tNZ450FpVIoPfTiisUT_LmG4MNiA6Ds

Pimp-a-diddle likes this.
  2. Pimp-a-diddle

Pimp-a-diddle Very well Known Member

Your singer got some Lemmy in 'im. I like it!

Harris K. likes this.
  3. Harris K.

Harris K. DFO Veteran

You think? I can't hear that and I am a huge Motorhead fan, and so is the singer. I guess that our influences - whether concious or unconcious - can't be hidden. Who would think that Lemmy would pop up in a blues rock band...

Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked it.

4. xsabers

xsabers World's Second Most Okayest Drummer

Diggin' it!

Harris K. likes this.
  5. Pimp-a-diddle

Pimp-a-diddle Very well Known Member

When he starts pushing the air, out it comes. It's an interesting mix and far more intriguing than another Paul Rodgers-esque thing.

Harris K. likes this.
  6. Harris K.

Harris K. DFO Veteran

Thank you sir!

After reading your post, I listened to 'Mexico' again – I’ m sure that's the tune you are referring to, oh please don’t tell me ‘Coming Through’ too :-D - and I did trace a hint of Lemmy. It's funny how sometimes the brain works. Needs a push. Thanks again for listening and commenting. Wouldn't mind having a 'Paul Rogers' in the mix too though... Love his voice.

Pimp-a-diddle likes this.
  7. GeeDeeEmm

GeeDeeEmm Well-Known Member

Harris, those songs have "live" written all over them. You can easily feel the energy and cohesiveness in the band. And, each member sounds like a seasoned professional player. I like it. Quite a departure from the canned, over-engineered junk we hear a lot today. I guess that calls for kudos to the recording engineer, too.

Those are my thoughts on the performances and the recording quality. Excellent. As for the songs themselves, I think they are rather run-of-the-mill and predictable in the blues/rock vein. Exploiting the long-established norms in a particular form of music is no sin - just predictable and well-worn. Unless you are of SRV level, it's hard to do anything monumental with such a form. Nonetheless, there are a lot of fans that can listen to it endlessly without ever growing weary of the repetition.

GeeDeeEmm

Harris K. likes this.
  8. Tmcfour

Tmcfour DFO Veteran

Fun stuff man!

Harris K. likes this.
  9. CherryClassic

CherryClassic DFO Veteran

Not my style but sound good with feeling.

I play in a cover Classic Country Western band and there is a lot to be said for playing it your way and not exactly like the record; OH excuse me; like the original recording. LOL!! And in a live show/dance like we play; nobody cares.

Anyway sounds like your having fun while doing a great job.

Enjoy,
    sherm

GeeDeeEmm and Harris K. like this.
  10. Harris K.

Harris K. DFO Veteran

Thank you so much gentlemen for the comments and feedback.

GeeDeeEmm you are spot-on on all counts, except maybe for the seasoned pros part. :icon_mrgreen:

GeeDeeEmm likes this.
  11. BennyK

BennyK DFO Master

I can't stand it ... how come you landed up with this band and I didn't ? Heh heh , joking aside , you guys live and breathe like one . Your touch, tuning and overall sound is refined and hip , effortless . A happy marriage, something rare these days , keep on truckin .

12. jmato

jmato Well-Known Member

I like it. I like it a lot.

13. Harris K.

Harris K. DFO Veteran

Benny, jmato thank you so much!

Benny, as I’m sure you know, putting a band together and keeping it is hard.
    We too have been through a lot, member changes, long hiatuses (is that a word?), disappointments etc.
    We finally ended up with a lineup that seems to be working, both musically and on a personal level.
    I am sure that with a little luck and a lot of patience and effort you’ll be able to form your dream band – or the next best thing – and keep it together.
    Thanks again!