Wuhan Wuhan Wuhan

Discussion in 'Cymbal Talk' started by Mark Tirabassi, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:29 AM.

1. Mark Tirabassi

Mark Tirabassi Member

mtarrani and Johnny D like this.
  2. EvEnStEvEn

EvEnStEvEn ~Lounge Lizard~

Wow, that's pretty big news!

3. swarfrat

swarfrat tympanus laqueus XV

I was worried about the Cannon news, as they make much of the available after market drum parts - that was potentially a huge blow to custom builders everywhere. But it sounds like it could actually be an improvement.

4. GeeDeeEmm

GeeDeeEmm Well-Known Member

I've used tons of Cannon accessories in the past, so it's good news to hear that they are being revived under new ownership. Before the proliferation of new drum accessory providers, Cannon was often the go-to spot for the little things that make custom setups possible. Here's hoping for a successful enterprise!

GeeDeeEmm

5. fun2drum

fun2drum Team DFO Staff Member Moderator

Very interesting. That could be good for all the brands involved, and that's good for drummers.

6. lrod1707

lrod1707 Well-Known Member

Wow that's great news. I love Wuhan cymbals. My china's & splashes are Wuhan. I yet to find any other brand of china's & splashes that please my ears like Wuhan. They are fantastic and cheap. Hopefully with this new deal they can expand and push the products thru normal stores. If stores would actually demonstrate Wuhan cymbals (especially to beginners & intermediate drummers), I'm sure they would outsell other brands because of their price point. But of course I'm sure that would affect the bottom line of the big 4 cymbal makers. I think one issue Wuhan has had is the stigma of being cheap. The thing is they are cheap but don't sound cheap and the western style cymbals are B20 bronze. Some people can't get around that stigma. They don't want to see all Wuhan cymbals in their setup. Hopefully this is a good long term thing for their business.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 4:45 AM