“ Drums that you brought back to life “ thread

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These '48 - '50 Slingerland Radio Kings were extremely dirty and neglected when I acquired them. I wasn't too hopeful for the bass drum tension rods when I started cleaning them. I was pleasantly surprised at the results.

Attachments

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
These '48 - '50 Slingerland Radio Kings were extremely dirty and neglected when I acquired them. I wasn't too hopeful for the bass drum tension rods when I started cleaning them. I was pleasantly surprised at the results.
That’s what it’s all about.
Sweeet
Great job

f15c

Reaction score
Long story short, put together a “players” kit of Ludwig orphans in “close-enough-for-me” matching ginger-aled silver sparkle. Pre-serial (61-63?) 5.5x14 Super a classic snare, 1967 12/13/16 toms, and a 1965 Club Date bass drum. The toms and bass were in good structural shape, just well-used, worn and dirty. The snare might be my only “save”…. Actually it sounded fine, but had some wood damage where a previous owner allegedly dropped the drum on its strainer. See here for a too-long video of my snare repair:
. Otherwise, despite this being a motley mix of orphans and a couple missing hardware parts here and there, love it.

Attachments