“New” Rogers B&B Lugs ?

Powertone

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone for your input. I think I have an answer. I will order one of the new to see how it fits and report back.

lcondo123

Reaction score
The new lugs will fit the wood shells without any enlarging. All you need to do is push out the ferrules and the lugs will slide right in. I put the new lugs on a Luxor snare and the snare worked like a charm.

The COB snares are where the minor modifications are needed. The shell has one lug hole smaller than the other, so the original B&B lugs could "self-align" under tension. Ideal modification for this situation is shaving off one end of the extended screw mount on the lug, like the Ploughman did on his snare in the picture on the previous page. The lugs work beautifully!

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well there ya go! Thanks for the clarification, everyone.

I have some B&B drum sets with all three size lugs. If there are cracks (I don't see any), they are minor. And there is the matter that Rogers is building only the middle size double ended B&B snare lugs, as I understand it.

Thus, when I get around to it, I will use fiberglass to reinforce my lugs. This should not be difficult, and I'm extremely confident I won't have further cracking issues.

Latest posts