00s DW Collectors Series Drums build questions

Chris_Drums

Reaction score
Hey peeps how's it going.

Want to enquire to any DW experts out there, trying to/would be awesome to fill in gaps of knowledge on DW 00's build details on there Collectors Series drums. Have a 2001 build Collectors Exotic Custom kit it relates to.

Mainly trying to figure the bearing edge cuts, with them being different then modern builds, and if it would vary between rack/smaller toms and floor/bigger toms?

Also would be great to know for sure the general maple shell Collectors Series drum ply thickness and number of plys Collectors Maple kits had at this time? Have a feeling mine are thicker then they are today (but not sure), being 8ply on rack toms and 10 on floor toms and bass drum, with all drums having reinforcement hoops, which I think are 2 ply thick.

Also again guessing not but would be good to know for sure if any of the DW technical terminology/ build style options on their current shell builds, like : SSC, HVLT, VLT, X Shells and VLX would have been in effect at all in current or an early incarnation form for a 2001 build kit?

Other details I know/farely sure of my kit are :

Deep Rich Burst Lacquer over Exotic Cedar Wood.

I'm farely sure shells are made out of DW's North American rock maple and the hoops being die-cast.

Shell sizes and tuning markings printed in the drums are :

10x9" - B
12x10" - E
14x12" - C
16x14" - G#
22x18" - Bb (with rail mount)

Any info would be massively appreciated.

Best in anycase!

Attachments

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Killer kit.

As it is a 2001 model (DW's own shells) they have all that ready when you ask them too. I always contact them through FB and get a quick response.

The switch from Keller to their own shells happened in 1998/1999. And even from those periods they still have some info.

Chris_Drums

Reaction score
Killer kit.

As it is a 2001 model (DW's own shells) they have all that ready when you ask them too. I always contact them through FB and get a quick response.

The switch from Keller to their own shells happened in 1998/1999. And even from those periods they still have some info.
Thank you sir!