10 Crash Cymbals Compared - Drum Center of Portsmouth

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Surprised how full the Sabian AA sounds compared to Zildjian A. Like it doesn't want to open up. Maybe just not the best individual.

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Paiste Sig Full is such a beautiful sounding cymbal. I'll always have a soft spot for the good old A Zildjian as well.

Reaction score
I HIGHLY prefer the sound of darker crashes like the Agop Signature and the Meinl Sand Crash, but they just don’t work well with the style of music I play.

Jorn

Reaction score
Meinl Sand and Agop Traditional for me.
The Meinl in particular had it all.
I don’t prefer the bell’y/gong’y undertone some had.

Old Drummer

Reaction score
I remain a crash cymbal novice, having rarely bought a dedicated crash and doubting that the sound of the specific crash makes a lot of difference, but if forced to choose I'd go with the first one, the Agop Signature. Only two or three of the subsequent ones were off-putting to me, but I think the first Agop set a tone that wasn't surpassed. Also, I found myself wondering about the 18" size. I think some of the others would have appealed to me more at 16". There's just more meat on an 18". Plus, drummers who buy dedicated crashes often have more than one. Then it gets trickier because you want the crashes to complement and contrast with one another.

blownaway

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Now trying out HHX Legacy Pack. The search continues...l like the HHX Legacy & Agop Signature best.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Paiste Signature & the Istanbul Mehmet sounded the best to me.
The worst for my ears were the Meinl's.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My favorite was probably the 18" Paiste Sig Full, which is why I've had one since 1991. The second Paiste I ever bought. In fact, I like *every* 18" cymbal I have ever heard from them.

Sabian I will love forever. Zildjian hit passing gear with their 2013 redesign, and wow, the Meinls are musical as heck. Now, if someone can just explain their logo to me....that Pure Alloy cymbal was great!

Dan

Latest posts