10 Top Drummer Kings and Queens of Reality TV

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Wow, I'm underestimated DFOers interest in tawdry gossip, but I certainly have learned from the avid interest in -- plus speculation and conjecture about -- Travis Barker's health problems (with multiple TMZ stories posted), plus all the interest in Tommy Lee's shenanigans (with more TMZ headlines) and the trevails of ex-Scorpion James Kotak, etc.

Thusly inspired, here are the Top 10 (not yet ranked) Drummers of Reality TV, including those participating in specious "competitions" and the Kardashian-style shows that were oddly pioneered by Ozzy Osbourne.

No doubt, most DFOers have seen them all, so let's hear your comments on what you find to be the most delicious, can't-believe-I'm-getting-an-insider-view of the Top 10 Drummers of Reality TV:

Sheila E - "The Next Great American Band" (2007)

Silverchair drummer Ben Gilles of "Real Housewives of Melbourne." (2016-Current)

INXS' John Farris of "RockStar: INXS" (2005)

Limp Bizkit drummer John Otto (and his daughter) "Come Dance with Me." 2022

Phil Varone ex-Skid Row "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" (2009)

Jason Bonham -- "Supergroup" (2005)

Steve Adler -- "Celebrity Rehab" (2011)

Matt Sorum -- "The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan" (2012)

Tommy Lee -- "Punk'd," "Tommy Lee Goes to College," "Stolen Honeymoon Video." -- 2000-2005

Travis Barker -- "Meet the Barkers," "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" 2005-Current.

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
I can honestly say I've never watched any of those. I'll admit that I did try a bit of Rock Star INXS back in the day but after cringing for about five minutes I turned it off and never went back.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I can honestly say I've never watched any of those. I'll admit that I did try a bit of Rock Star INXS back in the day but after cringing for about five minutes I turned it off and never went back.
Same here, never heard of any of those shows.

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Same here, never heard of any of those shows.
Other than Rock Star INXS, I'm aware of the Real Housewives of Melbourne through adverts but have never watched a minute of it. If I ever did I hope that somebody would hold a pillow over my face and put me out of my misery.

Hop

DFO Master
Reaction score
Guilty... along with some brief reflections.

INXS' John Farris of "RockStar: INXS" (2005) *** Sheesh, was it really 17-years ago???? I was left thinking, what the hell has this band come too? They seemed a bit 'pretentious' to me.

Jason Bonham -- "Supergroup" (2005) *** This one was so memorable, I had to look up an episode on YT, yep I watched it... couldn't remember it without proof though.

Steve Adler -- "Celebrity Rehab" (2011) *** Poor guy is all I can say about this one. Sometimes we can be our own worse enemy and this show sure aired that out.

Matt Sorum -- "The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan" (2012) *** I'm thinking self-absorbed people prabably shouldn't own pets... but that's just me, what do I know?

Tommy Lee -- "Punk'd," "Tommy Lee Goes to College," -- (2000-2005) *** TL GtC had a few highlights, but it wasn't a real good look for him, probably not as bad (immutaure) as his turn MTV's Cribs.

Travis Barker -- "Meet the Barkers," (2005) *** I recall his, attractive then wife, seemed like a real layabout/deadbeat. Reminded me of that old joke, Show me the hottest chick around, and I'll show you a guy that's fed up and sick of her Bee-S!

Last edited:

underratedcowbell

Reaction score
Never heard or seen of any of those shows! Not sure if I'm missing something!
The US really is the King of crap tV. But brace yourselves, EU is coming at you anytime soon!

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Seeing my youth inspiration John Otto on insta with his daughter tops already any of the others.

Such warm and loving family he has. And the things he does for his daughter in thar show.

Makes my heart melt as a father if two girls.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
"reality tv" - Orwellian oxymoron .

Last edited: