header.nohb.html

124 shows later… thanks DFO community

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
124 dates… that is what my band and I have done in the last 12 months. Gee! 124 shows for a bunch of guys who started a “let’s pretend we’re a band” type of thing, that’s quite surreal. (For backstory pls read this post from an older thread https://www.drumforum.org/threads/5-days-studio-retreat.177041/post-1992406)

124 shows in which I played the majority of songs on drums, me a non-native drummer. I literally couldn’t have done it if it weren’t for this here community.

With a bunch of you I’ve shared the ups and downs of wielding the sticks. I knew that I always had somebody here to bounce ideas off of, to get answers for my myriads of questions. Always someone to give me a pat on the back when I needed it. There was always somebody to set me straight although I was (and still am) on a less than ideal learning tangent. There was always a pair of ears (eyes) to listen to the numerous grievances and frustrations that this fabulous instrument brings. And there was always somebody with whom I could laugh, and that helped me get through it all.

Thank you all for sharing your passion, thank you all for your generosity, thanks DFO for existing . My goal wasn’t ever, and still isn’t to become a Vinnie type of player, but I’m quite proud to be reaching my goal of having people say about me: “Yeah! This dude plays alright.” Slowly, more and more people do, and now most of ‘em without adding “For a singer” at the end….

Big-ish small victories ;-)
6F2115F5-6608-4C53-9537-F63C7BA63AAC.jpeg
DBC7A31A-8F13-4BEF-A21F-EDF19980E7BA.jpeg

Last edited:

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
124 dates… that is what my band and I have done in the last 12 months. Gee! 124 shows for a bunch of guys who started a “let’s pretend we’re a band” type of thing, that’s quite surreal. (For backstory pls read this post from an older thread https://www.drumforum.org/threads/5-days-studio-retreat.177041/post-1992406)

124 shows in which I played the majority of songs on drums, me a non-native drummer. I literally couldn’t have done it if it weren’t for this here community.

With a bunch of you I’ve shared the ups and downs of wielding the sticks. I knew that I always had somebody here to bounce ideas off of, to get answers for my myriads of questions. Always someone to give me a pat on the back when I needed it. There was always somebody to set me straight although I was (and still am) on a less than ideal learning tangent. There was always a pair of ears (eyes) to listen to the numerous grievances and frustrations that this fabulous instrument brings. And there was always somebody with whom I could laugh, and that helped me get through it all.

Thank you all for sharing your passion, thank you all for your generosity, thanks DFO for existing . My goal wasn’t ever, and still isn’t to become a Vinnie type of player, but I quite proud to reach my goal of having people say about me: “Yeah! This dude plays alright.” And more and more people do, and now most of ‘em without adding “For a singer” at the end….

Big-ish small victories ;-)
View attachment 596728 View attachment 596727
I think you sound great. I’ve been following Salebarbes for a little while now and dig the music and your playing, keep it up, you’re doing great! En plus j’adore vos accents et voix et paroles acadiens :)

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the music.
I think my computer might be having trouble with the video though.
Either that, or those singers are speaking in tongues ... the only phrase that got through was "hey good Lord".
But dang!
I really love the sounds.
That's almost a cajun zydeco kinda thing going on.
Brought back some memories.
I'd swap a litter for the chance to see you guys play live.
The wife and I would very much enjoy that show.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You know this works both ways as well... the board is a better pace because you are here as well. Looking forward to sharing the next year with you as well.
You sir, are definitely one of the nicest persons on all of the interwebz… Looking forward to share what’s coming up!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love the music.
I think my computer might be having trouble with the video though.
Either that, or those singers are speaking in tongues ... the only phrase that got through was "hey good Lord".
But dang!
I really love the sounds.
That's almost a cajun zydeco kinda thing going on.
Brought back some memories.
I'd swap a litter for the chance to see you guys play live.
The wife and I would very much enjoy that show.
Yeah well we are distant cousins of the Cajuns of Louisiana so yeah we borrowed a lot of the Cajun/Zydeco vibe, blended that with country and rock and that’s pretty much our hybrid sound… Well if you ever visit Canada and we happen to be playing anywhere near where you are, ring me up and I will accommodate some comp ticket for you and the missus with pleasure…