12x24 Single Tension Bass Drum

thestorysold

Reaction score
looking to sell this 12x24 single tension bass drum. it appears to be an old marching drum that the previous owner added legs too (and spray painted). I stripped it down and refinished it. I've done some research and asked around, but haven't been able to come up with a brand. it thumps pretty good though! it will need a new batter head. tension rods have some rust, but still function well. there's also some left over foam padding residue stuck on the inside of the shell. I'm sure this could be sanded off.

$200? open to offers. will ship at buyer's expense.

Attachments

Last edited:

cdrummer

Reaction score
Wow, super cool drum!

Pretty sure you need to list a price per forum rules.

thestorysold

Reaction score
Wow, super cool drum!

Pretty sure you need to list a price per forum rules.
thanks for the heads up! added a price.

it looked like this when I bought it:

IMG_7551.jpg

I'd like to keep it, but it's kind of the odd-man out right now and probably won't see much play time.

cdrummer

Reaction score
That's a massive improvement from the original look and a great price. I used to have a kit made up of converted old Ludwig field drums (the pic in my avatar) that would have been awesome to add this to, but sadly I sold it.

If you have the skills to refinish drums like this, you could always hunt down a tom and floor tom for it and make one very cool retro kit...

thestorysold

Reaction score
That's a massive improvement from the original look and a great price. I used to have a kit made up of converted old Ludwig field drums (the pic in my avatar) that would have been awesome to add this to, but sadly I sold it.

If you have the skills to refinish drums like this, you could always hunt down a tom and floor tom for it and make one very cool retro kit...
I was actually interested in doing that initially, but at the time had too much gear coming in. I've seen several field drums for low prices too over the past few months and passed on them, which I am kicking myself for. I suppose I'll keep an eye out now.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice refinish/strip job! I have both 10x14 and 12x15 Ludwig field drums (single tension) that I am looking to move.........orig. natural mahogany finish......