13" old A hi hats

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Preferably 1950s, preferably 800-900g range. Trans, small, or block stamp would be awesome. Would also consider trading... i have several cymbals about to go up for sale.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a tough weight range to find in the 50's for 13's. Most would probably be in the 500-750 gm range...and usually 600's.

owr

Reaction score
I don't think those Reverb hats have been buffed, I think they were probably originally a pair of "band" cymbals. I have a pair of 14" trans stamps that are similar, about 1000 - 1100 g each. They have a bit of a metallic bite to them (similar to the video of the 13s) but are wonderful in the music and pair beautifully with medium to heavy Trans stamp rides. I think if you really want this weight range in 13s that's probably what you're going to find, and that looks like a real nice pair at a very reasonable price. I've been watching them for quite awhile and almost bought them a few times for the sake of completing the collection (I love these brilliant trans stamps above all other cymbals), but have thankfully resisted my inner hoarder to date.