14"x8" Brass Snare Shell

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start a project where I build an 8" deep snare.
I want to start from parts and was considering getting a worldmax shell. But then I realized I should at least TRY to rescue an old shell.
6.5 won't work but I'll consider anything over 7" deep. Has to be 14" in diameter.
I'd be into just about anything that fits that criteria. Vintage, modern, any brand anything!
Thanks and let me know what you've got!

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
D. B. Cooper said:
I'm about to start a project where I build an 8" deep snare.
I want to start from parts and was considering getting a worldmax shell. But then I realized I should at least TRY to rescue an old shell.
6.5 won't work but I'll consider anything over 7" deep. Has to be 14" in diameter.
I'd be into just about anything that fits that criteria. Vintage, modern, any brand anything!
Thanks and let me know what you've got!
PM sent (well, in a minute)

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bumpin' y'all!

Still looking for a shell or project drum.
Any condition!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just get yourself a Pork Pie 8x14 brass snare with the dry rub finish already and call it a day. Great drum!

Attachments

oriollo

Reaction score
Got a couple of seamless brass 14x8 shells in the shop ...

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a complete and pretty nice 1988 Yamaha SD498 14x8. Based on some of the numbers above, this complete and collectible drum would be a ton cheaper than $699 CAD. But I understand the notion of building your own from scratch.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I will buy that in a heartbeat. Think it has edges? Is it a toy drum? What if it's not in-round? I say that because that seam looks gnarly.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Also, I bet the shell is 6" or 7" and he measured from top hoop to bottom hoop so it came out to 8"... I asked, we'll see.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Never heard of that drum. The seam in pic 8 does seem funky (the center line - the other 2 are thumb rod reflections). I bet you're right - 8" is the entire drum.......sorry.......

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not quite sure how tall the shell is. He posted another pic so I could see.
I'll post it. How big do you think it is?

Attachments

Latest posts