14x5.5 Oriollo cast bronze snare

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
FOR SALE!

Oriollo 14x5.5 Cast Bronze snare, 3.4mm thickness, sand cast, finished with brass plated lugs and 100% brass 8 hole hoops (not plated, full brass), Inde throw and butt, 1/2” brass plated vent hole. This drum was patina’d by Vukan Karadzic and was originally just a shell that I used in a Pearl free floating chassis. The shell has additional cosmetic lathe lines on the top and bottom third of the shell.

I then had the build completed by Shawn Ryan at Salt drums to its current spec.

I have taken on too many new builds, and something has to go. This is a beautiful drum that belies it’s size. Lots of low end on this, with the typical smack and ring of a bell bronze. The brass rims really make it sing.

It has a generic “Salt” badge on it. I originally had a badge with my name on it, but had another made for sale. For a small amount another badge (or this one modified) can be done by Shawn at Salt drums to personalize it.

Currently equipped with an Evans Power Center Reverse Dot coated batter and Aquarian classic clear snare side with Canopus vintage 20 strand wires.

Looking for $750 shipped in continental US. Hit me up with any questions on messenger.
E46B77A9-33B9-4321-9AE5-E5DF620CCB7C.jpeg
D3F4EB49-2AA0-449D-9196-1D1D73E2D88E.jpeg
963D1C8D-3BE9-4876-A370-5570815900B6.jpeg

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
PSA: Another killer drum from a stellar seller. You absolutely cannot go wrong with anything from the arsenal of @Ptrick. Somebody please buy this as Patrick already knows how to ship stuff to my house. Thank you.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Patrick -

About that snare (that I do not need and have absolutely no use for ......!) .........

What sort of bearing edge is being used? If the shell were being used in a free-floater config, I would think that Vukan did not provide a rolled or otherwise formed edge. If either could be done on a cast shell ......

Did Salt cut a "knife" edge into the 3.4mm thickness? That could make for an interesting bit of responsiveness ..........

Mike

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Patrick -

About that snare (that I do not need and have absolutely no use for ......!) .........

What sort of bearing edge is being used? If the shell were being used in a free-floater config, I would think that Vukan did not provide a rolled or otherwise formed edge. If either could be done on a cast shell ......

Did Salt cut a "knife" edge into the 3.4mm thickness? That could make for an interesting bit of responsiveness ..........

Mike
It came with edges and beds, 45’s with a slight roundover. I used it in the free floater like that (as I’ve done with other shells with edges and beds), and still sounds fine. When it was built, Salt drilled the holes for the lugs, throw, and vent.

It’s a killer drum. Records great too.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It came with edges and beds, 45’s with a slight roundover. I used it in the free floater like that (as I’ve done with other shells with edges and beds), and still sounds fine. When it was built, Salt drilled the holes for the lugs, throw, and vent.

It’s a killer drum. Records great too.

So ..... the 45s are cut into the thickness of the cast shell? Or was the cast shell somehow formed inward? I would have thought that it would be tough to "bend" a cast shell in the way that the spun shells are; or for that matter, any of the rolled and welded traditional metal snares. I'm seeing something in my "mind's eye" like the original Dunnett Ti with its super-narrow sharp bearing "edge". I'll also check out Vukan's website.

And sure, I wouldn't think that the presence or absence of edges and beds would make any diff in a free-floater setup ...... just that they wouldn't be needed if the shell were bespoke ..........

Mike

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So ..... the 45s are cut into the thickness of the cast shell? Or was the cast shell somehow formed inward? I would have thought that it would be tough to "bend" a cast shell in the way that the spun shells are; or for that matter, any of the rolled and welded traditional metal snares. I'm seeing something in my "mind's eye" like the original Dunnett Ti with its super-narrow sharp bearing "edge". I'll also check out Vukan's website.

And sure, I wouldn't think that the presence or absence of edges and beds would make any diff in a free-floater setup ...... just that they wouldn't be needed if the shell were bespoke ..........

Mike
The 45’s are cut into the thickness of the shell.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If anybody wants it here, I’ll do $700 shipped CONUS for DFO guys.

Last edited: