header.nohb.html

15" black label sound edge

bjornk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
After seing this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14 I had to dig out my 2002 Paiste 15" black label sound edge hi-hat to try to identify their year of birth. Can anyone here help? The numbers are 032568 and 032569, the stamps on the cymbals are exactly the same and placed at the same place as on the ebay cymbals. The stamps on the backside are also the same.

bjornk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
After some research I think they're from 1980. I found these in a basement and the owner gave them to me, he's a bit younger then me and he bought the hi-hat new from a shop. 1980 seems right thinking of his age and when he did play drums.
Can anyone here confirm that what I've found out about the production year is right?

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Wow.. I had a '73 set. They're really nice, perhaps in some people's minds the best sounding hats ever.. But $700+ and counting is very, very high. I was told that each year they were slightly different. But mine were great-sounding. They went bye-bye and hopefully are being played and enjoyed by someone of whatever income bracket. When I had them, I contacted Paiste through their website and sent the numbers in, and they answered me in a day or so with the info on when they were manufactured.

Tom Cat

Reaction score
thats what you you get too idiots with two much money :blink:
i saw that one and if it wasn't bad enough and just this week another set sold for $720 :blink: :blink: :blink:

made me want to post my 2oo2 BL 15s,
they go for usually go for $350ish all day long on the bay