16” bass drum heads

Framecode

Reaction score
Looking for single ply 16” bd heads. Light use is fine. Don’t wanna wait the three months it’ll take l&m to order in some remos.

bjisteve

Reaction score
I have a remo black suede and an Aquarian modern vintage. PM me if you're interested

David M Scott

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looking for single ply 16” bd heads. Light use is fine. Don’t wanna wait the three months it’ll take l&m to order in some remos.
Evans has them. I live in Canada and I bought their 56 through amazon.ca. It was direct shipped by the Canadian retailer out of Montreal.So i'm sure U.S. amazon.com has them
available.
Cheers

David M Scott

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
L&m never has these sizes in stock anywhere in the country I find
Look at amazon.ca. for Evans b.d. heads I ordered a 56 and It was shipped direct to me by a retailer from Montreal. Price was $60 Canadian plus tax and if I remember shipping was $8.00!

slapstick

Reaction score
with their 15" bass drum , canopus said that a regular 15" emperor head produced the best results, the lack of a bass drum-style hoop freeing the head to resonate more......maybe a good idea to step outside the box and try stuff....

David M Scott

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
with their 15" bass drum , canopus said that a regular 15" emperor head produced the best results, the lack of a bass drum-style hoop freeing the head to resonate more......maybe a good idea to step outside the box and try stuff....
Actually when I first changed my stock Sonor Safari batter head I got a Remo Pinstripe as couldn't find a kick dedicated 16in head. It worked fine. I switched to a Calftone this year to match my tom heads and for a softer sound. This time it was a dedicated b.d.head. Other the sound the only difference I see is the the dedicated head cost double that of a 16in tom head.
Did I get diddled without the para.
Give the std 16 a shot

Framecode

Reaction score
Tried a fiberskyn on my 16, doesn’t feel like it tuned the way it should & is maybe too
tight.

David M Scott

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Tried a fiberskyn on my 16, doesn’t feel like it tuned the way it should & is maybe too
tight.
I had to down tune my Calftone from the Pinstripe to just above hand tighten to get a good low pitch sound. The Pinstripe sounded best at D the Calftone at C.

Framecode

Reaction score
definitely not going for super low pitch on the 16, aiming for more of an elvin type sound.

David M Scott

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
definitely not going for super low pitch on the 16, aiming for more of an elvin type sound.
My Sonor Safari kick is 6 ply Poplar and so it doesn'tn pop with sound like Birch or Maple would. Plus I host Blues/Classic Rock and Jazz jams. The Pinstripe was good for combo Jazz tuned to D and toms tuned high. But I could never get it low enough for the other music without it going blah. With the Calftone I get more range.. C3 for the B/CR and slightly higher for Jazz and more deep end volume. It's a saw off but it's better all around. Just my opinion.
Cheers
't