16.5” Zildjian Special Release Crash, Black Friday

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know how easily it "opens up"? Many new-fangled crashes sound very eq'd (peaked midrange) to me, how about this one?

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great deal on a nice cymbal. I would love to hear one. I won't buy one because it has a brilliant finish, though. I wish they would have offered it in a traditional finish. (I'm just not a fan of brilliant finishes. No reason other than the fact that all my other cymbals are traditional finish. The brilliant would stand out like a mole on the nose.)

GeeDeeEmm

SKINZ

Reaction score
SO WILL THERE B 17.5, 18.5, 19.5, 2O.5, 21.5, 22 .5, 23.5, 24.5, CYMBALS go with 23 inch bass drums ?????:cool:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I considered one of these at $99 along with a large number of drum heads I could have used via GC.

Trying to take advantage of their 15% off sale if you spend $199. As it turned out NONE of the drum head prices applied for a discount on this $250 order....even though ALL were marked 15% off individually with the "Friday15" code. Finally gave up. No new Zildjian 16.5" for me.

MrBacon

Reaction score
It's a good sounding cymbal! I picked one up myself and considering I have been adding to my collection piece by piece and upgrading from Meinl HCS cymbals, its sounds good.

I currently have the 16.5 A Cymbal, a 12 inch older A Splash that almost sounds like a crash and a ZBT Ride cymbal. I currently have 13inch Meinl HCS Hi-Hats but in the video, I took the 2 16 HCS Crashes I had and put them on my hi hat stand as an experiment. Excuse the playing as i was doing it one handed and focusing on holding the camera too lol

Last edited:

VinSparkle

Reaction score
It's a good sounding cymbal! I picked one up myself and considering I have been adding to my collection piece by piece and upgrading from Meinl HCS cymbals, its sounds good.

I currently have the 16.5 A Cymbal, a 12 inch older A Splash that almost sounds like a crash and a ZBT Ride cymbal. I currently have 13inch Meinl HCS Hi-Hats but in the video, I took the 2 16 HCS Crashes I had and put them on my hi hat stand as an experiment. Excuse the playing as i was doing it one handed and focusing on holding the camera too lol

Nice. Here is mine....I’m standing and filming, lol...