18" A Zildjian & CIE Constantinople SOLD

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Up for grabs is an A Constantinople 18", brilliant finish, weight about 4 1/2 lbs (2041 grams). This works well as a low volume ride, especially quarter notes. The large-for-its-size bell responds well if played with the tip of the stick. It is also crashable, albeit somewhat gongy with a very long sustain. Overall condition is good, no cracks or keyholing. There are some light surface stick and buffing marks, with some light spotting here and there. I'm putting it up for sale because I wanted to get a ride with more definition and less wash and overtones when played at medium to high volume (in my case, mostly high volume :lol:). As I want to move this, I'm asking $90 shipped, USPS priority mail, postal money orders only. My apologies for the photo quality and compositional "skills" on the bottom view.

brhythm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Re: 18" A Zildjian $ CIE Constantinople

Is it an A CIE, or a K Constantinople?

Edit: Is it one of the ones from the 70s?

Luddite

Reaction score
Re: 18" A Zildjian $ CIE Constantinople

It's an A CIE, not sure of the date. The stamp has a star on top, inside of a crescent moon, arabic below that, and then:
A ZILDJIAN & CIE
GENUINE CONSTANTINOPLE
CYMBAL
MADE IN USA
I tried to research the stamp but couldn't find anything that would help me nail the approximate date down. Hopefully, that will give you some idea.

Luddite

Reaction score
Re: 18" A Zildjian & CIE Constantinople

Bump---still $90 shipped, and a very reasonable price, considering the fact that these are not all that common.

bonzo60

Reaction score

This is an early 70's. Zildjian culled some of their best A stuff and marketed them as Z & Cie. I have a 22" ride and some hats but no crashes. This is what was told to me by the shop owner in the late 70's when I bought them.

Luddite

Reaction score

Last bump, $80 shipped USPS priority mail, Continental US, postal money order only. If I can't get that I'll toss it up on my three ply kit as an extra crash!