18" Zildjian K Istanbul Intermediate Stamp for a single 14"/15" or 20" trans stamp

jmoll

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a heavy 18" Zildjian K Istanbul Intermediate stamp that I'm not using. I would like to trade it for a single 14" (around 800g) or 15" (around 900g) K Istanbul, preferably Old Stamp. I also could be interested in a 20" Zildjian Avedis Trans Stamp (less than 2000g).

The 18" is in really good condition: no keyhole or cracks and the edges are very clean, only a couple of very little dings.
Is pretty heavy for a 18", it weights 1834g. It sounds nice, but I use lighter cymbals.
I can make a video/soundfile if somebody is interested.

Thank you.
IMG_1881.jpg
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1884.jpg

jmoll

Reaction score
I prefer to try first the trade option. I know it will be not easy to find somebody that has exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't loose anything trying it. If in some weeks I don't find anybody, I will sell it.
Thank you!

dan1434

Reaction score
What a horrible suggestion. For crying out loud, it would make for a wonderful orchestral suspended cymbal.
well ive done it to two of my intermediates and they sound 100 times better...the bronze hardens over time and blocks up the cymbal...do what you like

jmoll

Reaction score
nicky moon is the man to revitalize these dead cymbals
I don't think this one is a dead cymbal at all, it actually has plenty of life ahead to be played. The only think is that is not a cymbal for me, but I'm sure it will be perfect for someone.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can imagine it as a Main Left Ride in an ensemble; if those gigs still existed...

nowadays a lot of the Modern Turks have taken over the ground once occupied solely by Old Ks.
Yet -if giant push came to shove- there is still something fantastically special about - Individual- Old Ks

Highly recommend to someone who has not gone down the path before

Last edited: