180 Drums - Online Drum Lessons (Thoughts?)

180drums

Reaction score
Hey DrumForum guys!

My name's Jake Nicolle and I've just launched a brand new Online Drum Lessons Website, alongside my business partner Steve Augustine, called 180 Drums. I'd LOVE to hear what you guys think about the site and what you like/don't like.

Here's a couple links to show you some action right away before I talk... and talk some more! :)

http://www.180drums.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/180drums/videos
http://facebook.com/180drums
http://instagram.com/180drums
http://twitter.com/180drums

We spent years crafting an idea, hand built our own Video Studio on which we’ve filmed 5,000+ Minutes of Lesson and Practice Videos, flown in some of our favorite drummers from all over the world and built an Online Website that looks and feels like it belongs to Apple Inc.

What makes #180Drums different isn’t just the Website, Sound or Video Quality but the way you’ll feel pulling out your phone, tablet or computer and signing into www.180DRUMS.com.

180 Drums is made up of 3 main categories. Fresh Sticks, 180 Challenge, and Master.

Fresh Sticks are the Beginner Lessons laid out in an easy to follow sequence. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a brand new drummer who’s never played a beat before, or your a drummer who’s looking to touch up on some rusty skills, this is the best place for you. Gear, Kit Set-up, Reading, Beats, Fills and Independence are all topics we cover thoroughly.

The 180 Challenge is focused on Intermediate but will leave a lot of pro’s shocked and challenged. It’s composed of 90 Lesson and 90 Practice Videos. We have every #180Instructor shoot a Practice Video for each Lesson so you can practice the groove or fill you just learned with the Professional Drummer you’re trying to imitate. Imagine that! We don’t just help you learn from the Pro, we help you become the Pro. Each Practice Video is 10 minutes long. A few select tempos played are played for at least 1:00 minute to help further develop the lesson you just learned. This is completely unique to 180 Drums and the results we’ve seen with our #180Family (students) has been nothing short of shocking.

Master is… well… CRAZY. This is where the best of the best show you Advanced Lessons as well as some of their favorite Licks & Grooves. Amateur drummers will be inspired and encouraged to Learn while Pro’s will open the door to new ideas and challenging concepts in their own playing.

The site features the #180Instructors, who is a growing number of instructors featured on the site! The current list is:

Aaron Gillespie - Underøath, Paramore, The Almost
Luke Holland - YouTube, The Word Alive, Clinician
Garrett Goodwin - Carrie Underwood, Session
Steve Augustine - Thousand Foot Krutch, FM Static
Adrian Bent - Drake
Nate Robinson - Lecrae
Jake Nicolle - Session, Educator
Brian Haley - TobyMac
Marcus Finnie - Kirk Whalum, Session
Ben Satterlee - Session, Educator

For more info about what we're doing in depth, here's an article I borrowed from a little :)
https://180drums.com/news/about-180-drums/

What do you guys think? How do most of you continue to learn and challenge yourselves as drummer? It's one thing to own a vintage kit, it's a whole other thing when you get to make it SING!

Here's some pics of the site...

drummerboy7

Reaction score
I think its a great platform to educate drummers in a mass scale. I was looking for a growth track option but I am not sure if you have that. What I mean is a plant- journey that drummers can follow to track their progress in drumming, as you advance in mastering certain grooves, lessons it progresses to a higher difficulty. Let me know if thats something you have available.

Best,

Eddie G.

SteveDilksDrums

Reaction score
Great website and resource for new drummers and teachers. There are many sites with similar platforms (drum videos, lessons, resources, "celebrity" lessons) although 180 Drums adds that little extra with the progress tracker. It gives the user a sense of accomplishment when they earn a new badge after mastering a hard groove. The site design is particularly appealing. Very clean, simple to navigate and overall easy to use. Great job, and that's coming from a graphic/web designer!!

All in all you guys have built a great platform to start with and I'm sure your memberships will grow exponentially as you spread the word and get more people interested. Going to check out the free trial while I still have subscriptions to other similar sites but I can see myself paying for a membership in the future. I'll let you guys know if I can think of anything you should add or change once I've checked out the trial.

Cheers everyone,

180drums

Reaction score
db007 said:
I think its a great platform to educate drummers in a mass scale. I was looking for a growth track option but I am not sure if you have that. What I mean is a plant- journey that drummers can follow to track their progress in drumming, as you advance in mastering certain grooves, lessons it progresses to a higher difficulty. Let me know if thats something you have available.

Best,

Eddie G.
Thanks for taking the time to write and check it out Eddie! We follow our students closely on a personal level :) I do my best to review how each student is doing and take the time to personally check out their progress. The difficulty does increase with all the beginner (fresh sticks) and Intermediate (180 Challenge) lessons. The Master stuff is a free for all because arranging it by difficulty is a shot in the dark, it's totally dependent on where you're at! Have you started the Free Trial we now have available on the site Eddie?!
Jake

180drums

Reaction score
SteveDilksDrums said:
Great website and resource for new drummers and teachers. There are many sites with similar platforms (drum videos, lessons, resources, "celebrity" lessons) although 180 Drums adds that little extra with the progress tracker. It gives the user a sense of accomplishment when they earn a new badge after mastering a hard groove. The site design is particularly appealing. Very clean, simple to navigate and overall easy to use. Great job, and that's coming from a graphic/web designer!!

All in all you guys have built a great platform to start with and I'm sure your memberships will grow exponentially as you spread the word and get more people interested. Going to check out the free trial while I still have subscriptions to other similar sites but I can see myself paying for a membership in the future. I'll let you guys know if I can think of anything you should add or change once I've checked out the trial.

Cheers everyone,
Steve, thanks so much for the kind words man! You're a local, why haven't we met yet?! Please hit me up so we can stay in touch. jake@180Drums.com ... Again, appreciate you sharing what you're experience has been like. So awesome having you in the #180Family my man!