1940’s Slingerland Radio King Outfit 26, 13, 14, 16, 7x14 Super Krupa Snare. $1300 *SoCal Drummers

c.wulf

Reaction score
Letting old Betsy go on the cheap. Need to sell quick to fund another purchase. Included are the original floor tom cradle and snare stand, although the snare stand is in poor condition. Radio King Super Krupa snare is in very good shape with original snare wires, which aren’t easy to find. The BD had been modified, like so many from this era and the toms have issues here and there. (More details and pics to follow. Toms have original wood hoops, which are good condition structurally. Missing WMP wrap here and there, but you can find old matching vintage WMP to plug and fill, if motivated. Overall, a great players kit as is, or cool restoration project. More pics to follow...
Not willing to ship at the moment.
493341F4-B040-42FC-B5E0-F88C12BE40E9.jpeg
$1600. Willing to meet SoCal buyers up to 3 hours south of Bakersfield. Thanks for checking them out.

rculberson

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Boys and girls, Chris is an absolute daisy to work with. I’ve done several deals with him and it’s always smooth! Get your Jay Bellerose on with this set!

Reactions: JDA

c.wulf

Reaction score
Yep- 14x12. I set them up as 1 up, 2 down. They all sound good, but the 14 is my favorite tom out of the lot- deep sound.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
14x12 and 13x9. That's a very sweet set at a nice price. How do you mount the 14x12 in the down position? An anchor off the hoop and/or floor stand?

c.wulf

Reaction score
14x12 and 13x9. That's a very sweet set at a nice price. How do you mount the 14x12 in the down position? An anchor off the hoop and/or floor stand?
I used my shortest snare stand, which worked ok, but I had planned on experimenting with some sort of hoop clamp and floor tom legs. Originally thought I’d replace wood hoops with metal, but ended up enjoying playing with them. My first experience with wood hoops, so I thought I would possibly damage them while playing, but never hit them while playing, which was my fear. :)

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sure that's not a 16" floor tom? The 14x12 sits on top of it with plenty of room.

Last edited:

c.wulf

Reaction score
After thinking this through, price lowered to $1300.

fishaa

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dang. What are these still doing here???

If you were in NYC they’d be mine.

c.wulf

Reaction score
Dang. What are these still doing here???

If you were in NYC they’d be mine.
Thanks for saying so. It’s a very reasonable price, I think. That said, there are some issues with the toms, but as stated...overall, a phenomenal players kit! I will post more detailed pics ASAP. It’s all about finding the right buyer in my area. Haha! We shall see...

Latest posts