1960’s Zildjian 20” Ride cymbal. $125 shipped.

Stpdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a great sounding pair of 1960's Zildjian 20” ride cymbal. I picked it up with a 1967 set of Slingerland Drums. I believe it is original to the kit.

This 20" Ride cymbal weighs 2275g. It has a great combination of stick attack and wash. The bell is nice and it crashes well. Classic 60's Zildjian tone. It does have some very minor keyholing and one edge ding that I have pictured. Some patina and stains from over the years. $125 shipped.

IMG_3772.JPG
IMG_3779.JPG
IMG_3774.JPG
IMG_3773.JPG
IMG_3778.JPG

Here is a quick iPhone video as well:

Last edited:

Drm1979

Reaction score
I can take a quick video with my iPhone and post it later tonight.
I have this exact cymbal. I've had it for 20 years. For as light as it is compared to some other rides I've played it is super durable. Mine fell out of a cymbal bag and rolled down a flight of stairs with virtually no damage minus a small scratch. Like the ad says it had a wonderful balance of stick articulation and wash. And has a nice range of crash sounds depending on how and where you strike it.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a good deal on a good all-around ride cymbal. Somebody will buy it soon. Just keep bumping it.

GeeDeeEmm

Old Drummer

Reaction score
Sorry - no Western Union scams. Cymbal is still available.
And no cymbal scams either. This seller could have had cash within a couple hours before sending the cymbal and I would have had no recourse if he kept both the cash and the cymbal. My willingness to trust was returned by the accusation of scamming, which is insulting.

I'll buy elsewhere--these cymbals are hardly rare--and at this point wouldn't pay a dollar for this cymbal. The seller clearly doesn't understand Western Union or the hassles those of us in other countries deal with when buying from the US. He just thinks he does to the point of accusing those who make offers in good faith of scamming.

There's another old A listed on Reverb at about the same price. Let me contact that seller. I just chose this forum first because there seemed to be trust and good will among members. Boy was I wrong.

Latest posts