1960s Slingerland Drum Sticks

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Slingerland's plastic tip with flat head drumsticks from the late 1960s to early 70s? I really liked them. Maybe they will bring them back when DW gets the company going again.
Thanks, ptfitzy

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were most likely made by Capella, who was the OEM stick maker for many drum companies back then. I don't believe Slingerland turned their own sticks, but could be wrong... But I wouldn't expect DW to jump into the drumstick market again.

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They were most likely made by Capella, who was the OEM stick maker for many drum companies back then. I don't believe Slingerland turned their own sticks, but could be wrong... But I wouldn't expect DW to jump into the drumstick market
They were most likely made by Capella, who was the OEM stick maker for many drum companies back then. I don't believe Slingerland turned their own sticks, but could be wrong... But I wouldn't expect DW to jump into the drumstick market again.
Correct Slingerland did not turn their own sticks. They also used an overseas stick manufacturer in the early 70’s because there were sticks that Slingerland name was on and they were Made In Japan stamped.

Reaction score
I presume you can't find that type of plastic tip anymore. It was different from the rest which were pointed.
Phil

Reaction score
was it flat like a spatula or what..vaguely I might be able to recall.
The plastic tip was a bit larger than the plastic tip on most sticks and pretty close to a round tip. I wish someone had a set we could see. I don't imagine that they are made anymore.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea not sure what catalog they'd be in; just looked in my 69 and 71 not in either.
Peruse the online cat archive