1960s UK, German, and US Drums in Action!

cwdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Extremely groovy. Funny to me how some of the guitar players almost had their chins resting on the guitar body :)

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
LOL....yes. Check out those cool WMP Trixons as played by Clem Cattinni with the Tornados.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
That style didn't last too long did it.

Before true/wack/ hippies came in..what do think. 1960- 1964?
Funny seeing Eric Burden there. Like the ten minutes prior, to him..going wild...
Graham Nash of course, behaving..mostly.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Check out the drummer in "The Applejacks" (last 2 videos on the tape). He doesnt use the high hat, instead plays the high hat part on the snare. interesting!

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
YW Billy......looks like you and I started playing drums the same year ...1973....Yes?

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've always wondered what was the drive to alter the female voices so much? Those two young ladies go down as some of the more unusual altered female tracks in history.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've always wondered what was the drive to alter the female voices so much? Those two young ladies go down as some of the more unusual altered female tracks in history.

Mc: not sure what you are referring to?

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Mc: not sure what you are referring to?

Something I've noted through the years from a few of the female British artists in the 60s.

Here's the Jamaican Millie Smalls doing a one-off version of a song ...
She had her voice sped up quite a bit on My Boy Lollipop. Same with a few others. It was a strange thing that seemed to occur during that window of British recording.

Last edited:

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Looks like all the groups and singers are just acting out the songs and not actually performing them?

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
yes, all the groups are miming to their records, which was standard procedure when making these kinds of films. Whats GREAT is that they sprung for the Color Eastman Film. For many of these groups, what you have just seen are the ONLY color clips of them in action.

Reactions: JDA

Latest posts