1964-1967 Ludwig Black Oyster 14x14 floor tom

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Trying to finish off a personal project (not for resale); just acquired a 12 inch Oyster black pearl rack tom and already have the 20 inch Oyster black pearl bass drum. Looking for a 1964-1967 Ludwig Black Oyster 14x14 floor tom, classic lugs, original wrap, shell in round, minimal fade, no extra holes, a nice players condition drum.
Welcome help from all DFO drum brothers and especially those in Canada thanks!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
They are out there...but the going rate is generally pretty steep. Second most sought after "Ringo" drum after the Jazz Festival.

Here's one you could buy right now, but...

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Thanks Stretch and K.O., three 14's recently sold ; one at $900, one at $1025 and one at $1225 on Ebay so I know they are better priced ones out there and in comparable condition.
The link below shows these...

Incidentally, the one that sold at $1025 appears to be from the same seller that the current $2425 one is listed by.

Last edited:

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks Stretch and K.O., three 14's recently sold ; one at $900, one at $1025 and one at $1225 on Ebay so I know they are better priced ones out there and in comparable condition.
The link below shows these...

Incidentally, the one that sold at $1025 appears to be from the same seller that the current $2425 one is listed by.

Nice to know you can find decent ones for under $1100. Interesting that all 3 were auctions, and not buy-it-now. Also surprised Leecounty let that one go for $1025, when they now want $2400.
Good luck and I'm sure if you're persistent you'll get one at a decent price.

Stretch

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Yes, I think those are the more "realistic" prices of what people are willing to spend on them (if you can call that high cost realistic ) :):)

The 20 inch bass I have is nice with no extra holes/modifications and so is the 12 inch tom and both have come from DFO members so I am patient so know the right one priced reasonably will come along.

There is always the off chance I can stumble on one at the antiques store, auction or garage sale
Thanks for the good wishes, Stretch, it always nice to get positive comments and great support from my DFO brothers and sisters. :)
Chris

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Trying to finish off a personal project (not for resale); just acquired a 12 inch Oyster black pearl rack tom and already have the 20 inch Oyster black pearl bass drum. Looking for a 1964-1967 Ludwig Black Oyster 14x14 floor tom, classic lugs, original wrap, shell in round, minimal fade, no extra holes, a nice players condition drum.
Welcome help from all DFO drum brothers and especially those in Canada thanks!
Bump! Appreciate help from DFO members.... probably a 65-67 would work best wrap-wise

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Bumpity bump! Does any DFO member have one in their closet or basement that they want to sell? This would also help me complete a project I have worked on for the last year. Thanks!
Chris