1967 acrolite!

dan1434

Reaction score
Screaming deal near Denver. Not mine i would buy this if i didn't already have one don't know if he'll ship but a very nice snare in what appears to be great shape passing it on...

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks in great overall shape, includes the original case/etc, plus it's a 60's model...$200.00 is a fair deal, imo. Should sell fairly quickly. I love my 64'.

Myk

Reaction score
Wow beautiful, great deal, can't believe it's still there

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That's like a brand-new drum. Even the case looks like it hasn't been out and about much. One thing really struck me with this, though. After all these years and until reading that Ludwig literature just now, I never realized that "Acrolite" was the name Ludwig gave to the metal (aluminum) that the drum was made of. That's why they called it the "Acrolite" snare drum. I always thought that was a strange name to give a drum, but it makes sense now. Dang, sometimes I'm a little slow.

TSellers

Reaction score
If you go pick up this drum, I would love to hear the story. I texted with the guy yesterday and decided to pass.

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Screaming deal near Denver. Not mine i would buy this if i didn't already have one don't know if he'll ship but a very nice snare in what appears to be great shape passing it on...

Nice drum. The color looks different, more of a silver tint compared to a 70's Acrolite which seems to have a very slight blueish tint to it. Maybe it's just photography.

Blaze

Reaction score
Waste of time, unless you can pick up. I texted with him. He wouldn't even agree to a phone conversation -- he's too afraid of scammers. I offered to pay him upfront, any method of payment he wanted. I offered to meet him on zoom, or on facebook messenger. No dice.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I,ll take the snare stand if anyone here buys the drum...I love those!!

c.wulf

Reaction score
Waste of time, unless you can pick up. I texted with him. He wouldn't even agree to a phone conversation -- he's too afraid of scammers. I offered to pay him upfront, any method of payment he wanted. I offered to meet him on zoom, or on facebook messenger. No dice.
Same experience. The seller kept talking about a “scammer” in Canada, showing me their text messages. My sister lives near him, so I was working on arranging for them to meet in a public location. After going back and forth several times and my sister agreeing to meet him, this guy tells me he doesn’t want to meet in some random parking lot, like a “lot lizard” and that Canada guy is now legit and has told him that the drum is worth far more, so he wants to list it on eBay. Told him off and blocked him. This guy has mental health issues.