1969 Ludwig Black Panther

Black Label

Reaction score
Hi there - here's a pic of a set that I just purchased from a friend of mine (along with a 1963 Premier outfit 54 kit with original cases - will post some pics of this one later). I hope to receive it soon and I will then post some more detailed pics. All keystone badges with 1969 serial numbers. The rail was removed and the L arm was retrofitted to the Bass drum. All else appears original. Only condition issue is a small tear in the wrap on the bass drum. I am super excited about this kit.

I will report more once I receive it.

Have an awesome day.

Cheers
Erik
Ludwig Black Beauty.jpeg

Pink69

Reaction score
The black panther wrap came in a couple of different thicknesses. The earliest issue, which is what your’s should be is the thinnest type. That is a little less common and some feel better sounding than the slightly thicker wrap. Congrats

DrumR69

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, I have a set with date stamps April 10 1970 with B/O badge.
Yours might have stamps also if you care to look.
Wayne

happyshump

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m curious as to how that L rod has been retrofitted to the bass drum.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there - here's a pic of a set that I just purchased from a friend of mine (along with a 1963 Premier outfit 54 kit with original cases - will post some pics of this one later). I hope to receive it soon and I will then post some more detailed pics. All keystone badges with 1969 serial numbers. The rail was removed and the L arm was retrofitted to the Bass drum. All else appears original. Only condition issue is a small tear in the wrap on the bass drum. I am super excited about this kit.

I will report more once I receive it.

Have an awesome day.

Cheers
Erik View attachment 503757
Just curious, any citrus mod wrap under the black panther wrap?