1969 Rogers Londoner in Black Strata Pearl

Guzowskip

Reaction score
I bought a 1969-era five piece Londoner kit (13, 13, 16, 22 with 14 chrome snare) a couple of years ago from the original owner. From the labels it looks like it was a "transition" kit during the time production was moved from OH to CA. I did a lot of research and all the shells appear to be from the same era and sold as a kit together.

The seller said the kit was "used but not abused"... I guess that's in the eye of the beholder as the kit had obviously been played out quite a bit. It was missing the kick drum spurs and the floor tom's bottom hoop and head were missing. The black strata pearl show yellowing from being played in smokey environments and the 16" floor tom's wrap was in pretty bad shape (lots of cracks). I got a Ghost pedal with the kit but replaced it with a Rogers Swivo-matic pedal from the era. Also the snare stand appears to be genuine Rogers but probably from a later date (i.e. not swan leg). There were no kick spurs with it so I replaced them with very nice replicas of the original.

All that said, with the help of a friend who owns his own drum company, I restored this kit to pristine condition for it's age. We were able to stabilize the damaged floor tom wrap (I didn't want to rewrap anything for vintage collector and color match reasons) and it turned out quite well. The kit has never left my drum room since the restoration. New heads on everything but I kept the heads which were on the drums when I got them. I did repaint the kick drum hoops because they were pretty beat up.

In my retirement, I'm downsizing and don't need all the drums I have. I'd like to pass this kit on to someone who could appreciate it... be it a collector or a vintage drum fan who wants to play it out. I can provide plenty of photos of the shells (inside and out) as well as the label in each drum for serial number research purposes.

I'll entertain any reasonable offers. The drums will be professionally packed and the buyer will pay actual shipping charges.

Polo in NW FL

Attachments

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the DFO! Nice set. Your set will likely do better in the For Sale section and perhaps a moderator can help with that. I believe a certain number of posts on the site are required to post there and may not have been achieved in your case, yet. Sale prices are required on the site as well. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of interest if you price it correctly. Perhaps members can help. Good luck with the sale of this and any others. Again, welcome.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The Rogers set is beautiful, and should make the next owner very happy.

As John said, you'll get a lot more attention if you move this to the For Sale section. And, as noted, forum rules require that you post a price.

Good luck with the sale!

Latest posts