1970 Burgundy Sparkle Big Beat

Iwan

Reaction score
Hello to you all!

After a search topic on the DFO after Blue/Olive Burgundy drums here the result after a lot of restauration and TLC!
All drums july and august 1970, almost unbelevable when you think these were all orphan drums :) :

Thanks to all my (DFO) friends for all the help and making this possible here in Holland :):):)

Iwan

Attachments

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Finding orphans with matching wrap and such close manufacturing dates - almost impossible. So, congrats on bringing this kit to life. They are beautiful and full of character. I love 'em!

GeeDeeEmm

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Anyone know if the wrap Precision sells as merlot sparkle is close to this color? I may have a Ludwig project in the works.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As others have already stated, to find orphan drums with such close dates and matching finish is near impossible! You did a great job in bringing this "Big Beat" kit back to life!

-Mark

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score

Iwan

Reaction score
There is a current thread in this forum about new burgundy vs. classic (Grestch) - here is the link - you can see the new is much more plumb color versus that browny look. I have a new Jazz Fest clone in burgundy and looks great but I have no kit to match and doesn't look like either vintage Gretsch or Ludwigs.

https://www.drumforum.org/threads/burgundy-merlot-sparkle-a-question-of-aesthetics-opinions-wanted.161950/#post-1787416
I like the old Burgundy a lot more than the new version!