1976 2002 20 inch

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a 1976 20 inch 2002 crash today. It's in good condition. The lettering is still on it, no flea bites, but has a mild keyhole.

If you are a Paiste fan, like I am, theoretically, would you pick it up for a good price? What would you pay.
Pic coming.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's the keyhole.
I have a chance to pick up a 1976 20 inch 2002 crash today. It's in good condition. The lettering is still on it, no flea bites, but has a mild keyhole.

If you are a Paiste fan, like I am, theoretically, would you pick it up for a good price? What would you pay.
Pic coming.
Here's the keyhole, and condition

Attachments

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's the serial #.
The only scuff it has is right on the serial #. It actually looks like some knucklehead went to remove it at some point, and realized it wasn't working, so left it.
I've been told it's a 77, but maybe someone can help confirm?
Besides a bit of keyholing, and that scuff, the cymbal is pretty much flawless.

Attachments

Last edited:

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes a 1977 MEDIUM.
Thanks Steve! (Yes, it is a medium) Oh, still gotta post that 11 inch 2002, and serial #.
I got that 20 for next to nothing. What would you estimate it's value at?
I also have some pre serial 602's, and a couple others I'll post when I get a min.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Steve, do you know other brands, or a Paiste guy?
Too bad there's no "Cymbal Jeopardy", but would make a cool thread.
Anyway here's one of 2 602's. The one in the picture is flawless.
I also threw in a 70's 2002 Paiste. I'm not sure, but believe it was made in Germany?

Attachments

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Steve, do you know other brands, or a Paiste guy?
Too bad there's no "Cymbal Jeopardy", but would make a cool thread.
Anyway here's one of 2 602's. The one in the picture is flawless.
I also threw in a 70's 2002 Paiste. I'm not sure, but believe it was made in Germany?
If you follow the links in my signature you will quickly find out I do more than just Paiste research. B)

The 2002 image you posted seems to say MADE IN SWITZERLAND on it. But yes there are MADE IN GERMANY ones I believe. I've also got examples for 602s from Germany. A few years back there was some question about the existence of these. Not any more.

602-germany.jpg

602-germany2.jpg

Last edited:

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, I was wondering if the one's made in Germany would say it. They do, and I'm incorrect.

I actually have a 22 Paiste 3000, that I believe was made in Germany. When I first got it (it was thrown in with some 2002 hats), but didn't know the story of the 3000's
The stamp was worn off, except for a bit of red on the bottom. The only engraving was the serial #. No mention of where it was made.
I actually took a picture, and sent it to Paiste. Paiste in Cali are really helpful.
The serial # was by itself, and no ingravments besides the serial #. As far as I knew, only the 2002's had the red writing like that.
It's a super heavy cymbal, with deep hammering (as I'm sure you know). It still has that Paiste overtone, but very loud. I guess during that era, they were making more hard rock/Metal cymbals. If I played Metal, I'd definitely use that 3000.
I'll have to check out your link!
I've heard a lot about the thin 3000 crashes. I wouldn't mind hearing those.

ekim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What's the weight on that 2002?

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I987 grams.
And the title of this thread is mislabeled. It's a 1977 20 inch 2002 med crash.
I think I did mention it doesn't have a single flea bite, but there is a bit of mild keyholing

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, for the sake of value, the 20 inch Full, is the 20 1945 gram Full is the 20 inch 2002 Bonham used during the 77 tour.
W/out mentioning names, that guy on YouTube who has to have 50 vids about Bonham, and his gear confirmed it.
However, if Steve had a different answer, I'd be back at the drawing board. I played it for during practice today. Wow, that thing really explodes. Interesting how cymbals got so much heavier throughout the years (not as bad as some of those 80's 3000 rides though