1980's first gen. DW drum kit, 5 toms, bass drum, and snare drum

T-2

Reaction score
I've got a really nice first gen. DW kit, Keller 6-ply shells with 6-ply re-rings. The info is here at this Reverb link. I'm trying to do pick-up only in the NYC area, I'm in Queens. If you really want it and it's got to be shipped, I can bring it to a pack-and-ship place that I trust, but you'll have to pay the shipping. 2400. or best offer. https://reverb.com/item/37821359-19...l-maple-shells-w-re-rings-similar-to-la-camco
Tim's DW Kit.jpg
Thanks!

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've got a really nice first gen. DW kit, Keller 6-ply shells with 6-ply re-rings. The info is here at this Reverb link. I'm trying to do pick-up only in the NYC area, I'm in Queens. If you really want it and it's got to be shipped, I can bring it to a pack-and-ship place that I trust, but you'll have to pay the shipping. 2400. or best offer. https://reverb.com/item/37821359-19...l-maple-shells-w-re-rings-similar-to-la-camco View attachment 528372 Thanks!

Wow, very cool set. I had a similar era 6 ply Keller 6x14 (yes, 6") maple DW snare with a very low serial # that I played in the clubs for years thru the '80's and '90's. It was truly the holy grail snare drum. Best wood snare BY FAR that I have ever owned. When I would swap it out for a trusty supra the other band members would complain. It was a wonderful, magical drum!

There is something very special about the Keller 6+6 shells and the way the edges are cut. New DW drums just ain't the same.

Good Luck!

T-2

Reaction score
Wow, very cool set. I had a similar era 6 ply Keller 6x14 (yes, 6") maple DW snare with a very low serial # that I played in the clubs for years thru the '80's and '90's. It was truly the holy grail snare drum. Best wood snare BY FAR that I have ever owned. When I would swap it out for a trusty supra the other band members would complain. It was a wonderful, magical drum!

There is something very special about the Keller 6+6 shells and the way the edges are cut. New DW drums just ain't the same.

Good Luck!
Thanks!

T-2

Reaction score
Just bumping this one up. Thanks.

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it's actually more of a bargain than this pic shows. Of course, the Reverb listing tells (and shows) the tale, but there's that additional tiny tom, and the snare is magnificent! The condition is rather exquisite for a lacquer set that's 30+ years old.

Whoever gets this, the cool thing to do would be to get DW to make you a matching 12x18 BD if you were interested in having another range of playing options with what is already a fine kit.

T-2

Reaction score
And it's actually more of a bargain than this pic shows. Of course, the Reverb listing tells (and shows) the tale, but there's that additional tiny tom, and the snare is magnificent! The condition is rather exquisite for a lacquer set that's 30+ years old.

Whoever gets this, the cool thing to do would be to get DW to make you a matching 12x18 BD if you were interested in having another range of playing options with what is already a fine kit.
Thanks, Studrum!

T-2

Reaction score
End of the year bump. I might take this down from Reverb starting on 1/1. If so, I'll put the pics here.