1982 Tama Superstars in Super Maple 12/16/22 ***Shipping now an option***

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is a great set and I really hate to get rid of them but since I got my Gretsch USA Customs they're just not getting played. Would much rather someone get some enjoyment out of them. I have played a ton of gigs with them over the last 3 years and they never disappoint. Those birch shells just sing.

Sizes are:
8x12
16x16
14x22

Interiors and bearing edges are in excellent condition. Hardware is all good and solid with minimal pitting. T-rods are all in good shape and appear to be original. Obviously the tom holder is a later model. The finish is beautiful but it does have a fair amount of nicks and scuffs but as you can see from the pics nothing that stands out from more than a couple feet away. Not bad for a set that is 37 years old.

I'm not really looking to ship these so I know finding a buyer here is a longshot. However, I live in Texarkana TX so if someone is in the Four States region (Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma) we might could work something out.

I'm asking $450.

superstar1.jpgsuperstar2.jpgsuperstar3.jpgsuperstar4.jpg

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Man, I wish I lived close.
I wish you did too. LOL! Seriously though, whoever winds up with this set is going to be very happy with them. They are a pleasure to play.

Here's a video of me playing them at a gig. It's just an iPhone video but if you turn the volume up and listen through good speakers or headphones you can get an idea of how they sound.

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not too terribly far away in Kansas City. I go to Fayetteville pretty regularly. Do you have any interest in snare or cymbal trades?
Sorry but I'm afraid not. I got laid off from my job of 22 years at the end of January and have yet to find a new job. Just trying to liquidate some stuff that I'm not using to build up my cash in case this thing keeps dragging on. Apparently when your 46 years old and have worked in one industry for 22 years you are basically useless. Who knew? LOL!

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm afraid not. I got laid off from my job of 22 years at the end of January and have yet to find a new job. Just trying to liquidate some stuff that I'm not using to build up my cash in case this thing keeps dragging on. Apparently when your 46 years old and have worked in one industry for 22 years you are basically useless. Who knew? LOL!
Been there - hang in there. Was in a similar situation last few years, and found a temporary thing before finally landing a job in very happy at.

And GLWS - that’s an awesome kit!!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. The best of luck to you.

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So I had no intention of shipping these but I had a forum member message me and wanted me to call him. I gave him a call and he said he really wanted these but asked if I would consider shipping. I told him I really didn't want to but he persisted. He said I could just nest them in one box to make it cheaper and easier. I remembered that I still had the box my Gretsch set came in so I reluctantly agreed. So I got out there Sunday and completely get them packed up and ready to ship. Now he won't answer his phone or messages. Lol! No biggie but still mildly annoying.

Anyway, since they're all packed up I guess shipping is an option now if anyone is interested. They are nested and packed very well into one box. It's 26x26x20 and weigh 57 lbs.