header.nohb.html

2 sets of my trio on Youtube

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don't post much of my playing but the venue tapes our gigs there and posts them on YouTube. If you have an hour to spend by all means take a look. The flugelhorn player was sitting in. The actual video starts a short while after the static pic opening shot and you can see my very economical movement .....e.g almost nil :) Only one tune with sticks which I have almost forgotten how to use these days as brushes are most suited to the trio and the venues we play at ......

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sounds excellent. Snare sounds particularly good. Can you share about the drum, heads, and tuning?
I use a 12 x 7 Brady Sheoak block snare with Maple hoops and an Aquarian Modern Vintage Medium batter head. Tuned a bit high with gel muffling and I use nylon brushes. The house has a snare mic for their recording which accounts for the clarity but that does not go through the house sound system so audience hears me acoustically.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Nice ensemble and your playing is superb. Birdland Jazz Room? Pattaya has changed a lot since I was last there in 1985 :) Back then the tourist demographics was also shifting to predominantly German. Definitely no jazz (or it escaped me.)

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice ensemble and your playing is superb. Birdland Jazz Room? Pattaya has changed a lot since I was last there in 1985 :) Back then the tourist demographics was also shifting to predominantly German. Definitely no jazz (or it escaped me.)
Thanks. We started jazz at a sea side restaurant in Jomtien about 7 years ago and have had consistent gigs apart from a year when Covid closed most places. Birdland Jazz Room is a new place that opened early this year just out of town and we have been the resident Saturday trio there. It is still a very mixed population and most bar venues have rock and pop music primarily, which I avoid ....there are only 3 places with jazz and I play in two of those.

onacarom

Reaction score
Don't post much of my playing but the venue tapes our gigs there and posts them on YouTube. If you have an hour to spend by all means take a look. The flugelhorn player was sitting in. The actual video starts a short while after the static pic opening shot and you can see my very economical movement .....e.g almost nil :) Only one tune with sticks which I have almost forgotten how to use these days as brushes are most suited to the trio and the venues we play at ......
Very cool sound!!