20'' Matt Bettis Thin Ride, 1884g, Heavily Hammered and Beautiful

justinkn

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Selling my Matt Bettis original, 20'' Cymbal at 1884g.

This thing is really an amazing piece of artistry. Just check out my pictures and you'll see what I mean. A great smooth stick, and a hiss-like, dirty crash! Really the best of both worlds, and a sound that can only be achieved in custom, artisan cymbals.

Selling for financial reasons and would like it to go to a good home. Feel free to message me with any questions or leave them here on this thread for easy access.

Asking price is $325! shipped in the US. Abroad will be extra. Cheers!

Attachments

justinkn

Reaction score
Here is a video for some soundage for you, recorded by Matt himself:

Last edited by a moderator:

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As a fellow Bettis lover it may help to list whether you purchased this pre or post Sabian blank timing. The Sabian blank cymbals that I have compared to early Chinese blanks sound better in my opinion.

justinkn

Reaction score
Yep, it's a Sabian blank I'm pretty sure. The above video was made December 2013, which is after Bettis switched I believe? But the sound on the video is what you get, so that should be the best judgement rather than what it's made from I suppose.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a really nice Bettis ride for sure ...... makes me miss mine ... stolen after a gig in Tucson AZ.

I believe that's Sinc Lott playing on the video you posted - he's been doing Matt's demo vids for some time now .......

Mike

chorga1

Reaction score
Ugh - nice and hi-pitched to boot... Bump for a nice pie!

justinkn

Reaction score
Nice avatar picture, Chorga, I was just listening to that album today. And, coincidentally, I just hung with a guy visiting from the bay area.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
As a fellow Bettis lover it may help to list whether you purchased this pre or post Sabian blank timing. The Sabian blank cymbals that I have compared to early Chinese blanks sound better in my opinion.
Didn't Matt also use Turkish made blanks for a while before switching to Sabian made ones?

I have 5 or 6 of Matt's works of art. I hope to get more eventually. They are addicting.

Latest posts