20" Paiste sig Precision ride ... looking for opinions

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for something a little more aggressive than my pre serial 602 20" , without going into anvil territory and want to stay with Paiste . I spotted a Precision locally and for once am going to do a little homework .

Thanks

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Until you play it ,you'll never know.
PSigs are good sounding cymbals ,just less variety than the classic sigs.
Have a pair of the Sound Edges.
Would have a hell of a time trying to distinguish from the classic models.

Last edited:

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes , one picture is worth a thousand words , one touch is worth a thousand pictures

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My advice is to look for a 2002 ride rather than a heavier B15 ride. The 20" and the 22" 2002 standard ride is so nice in every application except for unplugged. I guess even then some lightning rods would easily wake it up because of all the high end sparkle.

Last edited:

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I read a while back on here that people who knew both Sigs and Sig Pres though the Precisions were noticeably louder than their Signature counterparts, per model / size / weight, somehow.

I mean, someone wrote that on these here interwebs, so it must be true.

It's been a while since I've seen Signature Precisions in the wild. The lower price point than standard Sigs is nice, and had my eye on a couple, but can't justify more cymbals at present.

That said, it's not that I don't want more...900s, PSTX, 602 (both), Dark Energy, Masters...come on, PowerBall!

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what the Sound Formula was at one time an alternate to full (not fool)..series Signature? Could that be?