header.nohb.html

20 ping rides.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you like heavier Ping rides, there are always great deals going for used A Ping rides. I see them going around the $100 range every time I browse reverb, ebay, or guitar center’s website

Reactions: DBT

Bri6366

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I picked up a 70s-80s 20" Ping Ride with the brilliant finish off Ebay. It's a cool ride. I also have a set of A. Brilliant hi hats from that era to go along with it.

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zildjian still makes the 20" Ping Ride, but you can certainly find used ones all day long.

Some other similar options would be the A Custom Ping Ride and A Custom Projection Ride.

Otherwise, Paiste makes a ton of medium heavy to heavy rides that are certainly pingy.

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
At one point ping rides were the prevailing used cymbal on the market. I don't see them as frequently these days.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is more info:

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
I think there are a couple on GC’s used site. I saw one for sale today at Dale’s Drum Shop as well.
They were the acrolite of cymbals in the 90's. Always too heavy for my taste. 22" sounded better than the 20"s to my ear.

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a 20" Ping Ride on the drum kit in my high school's jazz band (that was the late 80's early 90's). It really is a great big band ride.

The guys from the rhythm section were all punk players outside of school, and we would mess around playing punk and hardcore songs between classes. The Ping Ride work great for that as well.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Be advised that the Ping Rides made after the Redesign, around 2013 or so, are still great cymbals but a DIFFERENT animal. I mean, I can CRASH the newer one because it's much thinner, good luck crashing an 80s model.

Dan

Bri6366

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
At one point ping rides were the prevailing used cymbal on the market. I don't see them as frequently these days.
20" Ping Ride users in 1980-
Louie Bellson
Chet McCracken
Ed Soph
Butch Miles
Don Lamond
John Guerin
Eli Konikoff
Liberty De Vitto
Pete York
Walfredo Reyes
Larrie Londin
Pete Magadini
Ronnie Verrell
Dereck Pellicci
Buddy Williams

The list really gets massive when you add the 22"

rwm5

Reaction score
I just sold my A Custom Ping Ride and a set of New Beats that I’ve had for roughly 20+ years. Haven’t used them since really. $120 on the good old Craigslist.

brokenstick

Reaction score
Hey JDA. I know you can get them anywhere.There's a lot of fad junk out there too.

Reactions: JDA