20" Zildjian Constantinople Flat Ride

Rik_Everglade

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Get one! In quiet settings, it rides and crashes great. I've seen some loon trying to get over $600 for his on eBay. And to think about it, I wouldn't sell mine for that. The only one that I've had that was better was a 19" Bosphorus. That cymbal sizzled like bacon!

w.c.rey

Reaction score
I hear you about the eBay gouging. That cymbal is a gem.

I've played some Bosphorus in the past. Great stuff. I'll look into it. I'd love to match my 20" Constantinople Medium Ride, but that might just be the Asperger's :) Thank you!

pgm554

Reaction score
You mean one of these?
They're $426 new.
Where are you seeing $600?

DSC00825.jpg

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've been looking for one for ages. No question as to why they are hard to find. Thank you
Settle for a "K Light Flat Ride" and call it a day ? .. : )
Has to be a "Light" (and they're not cheap either...
The reason 'hard to find' is they (Con flat) weren't available for very long)I bet they made 300 of them if that)

The "K Light Flat Ride 20" is a 1600-1700g jewel ...if you don't have one/ I played a friends.

pgm554

Reaction score
Picked mine up from the backroom of a music store that had a bunch of cymbals stacked on the floor.
So no longer made I assume?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
They aren't issued by Zildjian anymore. The K Light ride is not the same. I have been fortunate enough to play on both. But yes, one of those.
hey wait a second Did you see all the Maxwell K Con Flats on Reverb? Not exactly production but all prototypes... the demonstrator hits them with a shoe (kidding) he 'wallops" them
But there were a dozen on reverb 2 months ago..

w.c.rey

Reaction score
Yes I did! I only became hip to them when there was one left on Reverb, and it sold within about 4 hours of me looking at it. I called the shop and missed em all, apparently. I've kept a keen eye on that shop ever since. They have a bunch of Kerope flat protos, but they do not sound or play like those Constantinoples.

Good call, though... maybe I'll call them and see if they have any move coming down the line.

Reactions: JDA