2013 Brady Jarrah Ply Question...

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I recently found this incredible Brady Jarrah Ply snare drum on Reverb. A pro from Nashville decided to let it go. I had to replace the air vent, because it was loose, but frozen from thread-locker. I also replaced the hoops and tension rods with Tama Starcast Diecast hoops and Pearl stainless steel tension rods. The original leather washers were pretty beat... and I like the look and performance of the diecast hoops. Anyway, this is the first Brady I've seen with a coated interior. It was obviously done at the factory... no way this was aftermarket. I e-mailed Kelly, asking why they may have sprayed the inside of the shell, but never received a response. Has anyone ever seen a flat black interior on a Brady drum? I figure it was either requested by the original buyer, or the coating was used to cover up an unsightly inner ply of Jarrah... but those are merely guesses. Let me know.

bradyjarrahwandooairvent1small.jpg bradyjarrahwandoobadgesmall.jpg bradyjarrahwandoobearingedgesmall.jpg bradyjarrahwandoobuttplatesmall.jpg bradyjarrahwandooshell1small.jpg bradyjarrahwandooshell2small.jpg bradyjarrahwandooshell3small.jpg bradyjarrahwandooshellstickersmall.jpg bradyjarrahwandootrick2small.jpg bradyjarrahwandootricksmall.jpg

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful drum that is!...but why are you so certain the interior was done by Brady?. There are a ton of talented wood finishers that work in the drum industry, so my guess it was done by one of them...its possible.Sounds like you had a few minor things to work on, but regardless of the black finish..its still a beauty!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Beautiful drum that is!...but why are you so certain the interior was done by Brady?. There are a ton of talented wood finishers that work in the drum industry, so my guess it was done by one of them...its possible.Sounds like you had a few minor things to work on, but regardless of the black finish..its still a beauty!
While there are talented wood finishers out there, I don't think they could remove this Brady sticker, finish the interior, and replace the sticker, without any signs of disturbance. There's not buggered edge or corner on the sticker. Of course this drum is a show-stopper; I never wrote, or meant to imply that the finished interior would be a negative for the drum, but merely that I've never seen it before. The rationale for it could've been that of an acoustic sealer... like the famous Gretsch "Silver Sealer". Also, the lugs and air vent were installed with red loctite (thread-locker). I don't think a post-factory wood finisher would take it onto themselves to reassemble the drum with thread-locker... that's an OEM style of assembly. These are my reasons for deducing that the interior finish was factory. It would be great if Kelly would chime in with any family insight.

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ive never seen a Brady that had a finished interior. I own 2, have researched a pile of them, but cant recall seeing one done like yours

F

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it is a custom order. Removing the sticker is one thing. Getting it back impossible.

A bit like the old RC’s that were finished from the inside for tonal qualities.

What a beauty!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
I think it is a custom order. Removing the sticker is one thing. Getting it back impossible.

A bit like the old RC’s that were finished from the inside for tonal qualities.

What a beauty!
A custom order is a reasonable explanation for it... and thank you!

Latindrummer

Reaction score
My six piece Brady kit has painted interiors on all the drums and the BD hoops like your snare. Not a sign of removal in any of the badges. I doubt this was done by the previous owner.

Attachments

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
My six piece Brady kit has painted interiors on all the drums and the BD hoops like your snare. Not a sign of removal in any of the badges. I doubt this was done by the previous owner.
I'm glad you have similarly finished interiors. Do you have a picture of your whole kit? Feel free to post it here.