header.nohb.html

2018 Chicago Drum Roll call!

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I knew I had a gig Saturday. I just found out my daughter has an NHS induction ceremony on Sunday. If I go to the show I'd be spending almost as much time driving as at the show, if I want to make the other stuff.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to get ready. Oh, it's real easy to go to this show. Cancel the gig, say goodbye to the family, pat the dog on the head as you head out.

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't make it this year, but if anyone from Michigan is going, I desperately need two 27 1/2" calf BD heads. We could exchange phone numbers, so I could see them, I'll help out w/some travel expense, etc.

Actually, now that I think about it, there might be a couple of buddies of mine from here (Detroit) going, so...anybody going to Chicago got some 27 1/2" calf heads?

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
69OysterBlue said:
I have always enjoyed the show, but the real catalyst for attending was to place a few kits in the consignment booth - helped to cover some expenses and freed up room to acquire some new stuff.

Does anyone know why they stopped with that booth? It always seemed busy and there were some excellent deals to be had.
I, too, would like to know this. Consignment booths at vintage drum shows were always tons 'o fun.

drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also would like to know what happened to the consignment area. Anyone?

badknees

Reaction score
I believe the brothers that ran the consignment area grew tired of it. Drugan's is now running consignment from their booth.

?I was incorrect, there is no consignment this year.

drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe Rob Cook should post at Rebeats,consignment info

badknees

Reaction score
I just got word from Rob Cook, there is no consignment program this year at the show. Sorry about my earlier post.

KCDrumDad

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are friends with someone who has a booth, you might be able to work out an arrangement to consign your things with them. Or you can post items for sale on the forum and arrange to deliver them while you are in Chicago.

badknees

Reaction score
Could the drum forum booth become a consignment, or just plain selling, booth?

Jolo

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
JDZ said:
I'm going back after a 2 yr break. I can't wait!

Dave Z
Great to have some Vitamin Z back, Dave. Do you have your Sunday outfit picked out?

"I'm just happy if Cleveland plays .500 ball."
I guess that's all you need for first place our Central division though the Twins are hot on your trail at .460.

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did consignment end when they moved to Villa Park? It might be a location issue.

mfry2112

DFO Star
Reaction score
Could someone get me one of the new ludwig T-shirts? If they will ship from the show I can just talk to someone and do PayPal or just PayPal one of you to do it, thanks in advance!

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
MLayton said:
First time attendance for me. I'll be in the One Up One Down Vintage Percussion booth with Nevin "Bongo Bub" Surface and Allen Lewis. Will be there all weekend. Please stop by and say hello!

Mike
Great to see that you are going Mike. Would love to meet you and talk a little shop.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
wflkurt said:
First time attendance for me. I'll be in the One Up One Down Vintage Percussion booth with Nevin "Bongo Bub" Surface and Allen Lewis. Will be there all weekend. Please stop by and say hello!

Mike
Great to see that you are going Mike. Would love to meet you and talk a little shop.
Thanks Kurt! Looking forward to meeting you.

Looking forward to seeing you all! Excited!

Mike

KCDrumDad

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike,
I will look for you in Nevin's booth. I am probably going to bring a bit of Galaxy Sparkle if I can fit it in the rental car for the trip.
Rick

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Finally making my first show....which is sad since I'm local. I'll be there Sunday with my two guitar players in tow....or they'll be hiding at the Amigo Fest. LOL.