2019 Chicago Drum Show Roll Call!

Drum Kat

Honorary DFO Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Hidey-Ho good neighbors! I know I am late in posting, but better late than never! A quick show of hands who is planning to attend this years' Chicago Drum show! Eric and I will be there, as usual. Be sure to check out www.rebeats.com for the raffle items and the Artist schedules. I will try to arrange a time for the group photo. This years' artist schedule and clinic times are really close. Stay tuned for pics and reviews! ~Peace, Drum Kat

Attachments

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not sure how you guys do two days at the show. I was there last year for about three hours, and that was probably one hour too long.

Then again, I wasn't hunting for deals, and I just wanted to visit Mapex....who wasn't there. :(

I'll probably pop in again this year, but I have to wait to see what my kid's baseball schedule looks like that weekend.

BigMur

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was looking at a trailer full of drums in my basement and thinking I should make the 18 hr drive!

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Hidey-Ho good neighbors! I know I am late in posting, but better late than never! A quick show of hands who is planning to attend this years' Chicago Drum show! Eric and I will be there, as usual. Be sure to check out www.rebeats.com for the raffle items and the Artist schedules. I will try to arrange a time for the group photo. This years' artist schedule and clinic times are really close. Stay tuned for pics and reviews! ~Peace, Drum Kat
I'd definitely like to come back. I was there with Josh of INDe Drum Lab last year displaying some artwork I did of one of his classic drums.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not sure how you guys do two days at the show. I was there last year for about three hours, and that was probably one hour too long.

Then again, I wasn't hunting for deals, and I just wanted to visit Mapex....who wasn't there. :(

I'll probably pop in again this year, but I have to wait to see what my kid's baseball schedule looks like that weekend.
I'm kind of with you on this. Unless I'm going to a clinic... I can see what I'm going to see in an hour or so.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems silly to drive from Pittsburgh to Chicago for the show and not stay for two days. I'll catch some clinics and usually a master class or two. I have several friends in the area that I try to catch up with and this year I'm going to swing down to "The Launching Pad" restaurant on Rt. 66 in nearby Wilmington Delaware. It is a landmark now owned by a drummer named Tully Garrett and his girlfriend Holly Barker. They just reopened it after a fourteen month renovation. As for the show itself, something cool always goes home with me. My shopping budget this year is around $1000-$1200. I'm sure that something fun will follow me home.