2019 Chicago Drum Show Roll Call!

Drum Kat

Honorary DFO Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Hidey-Ho good neighbors! I know I am late in posting, but better late than never! A quick show of hands who is planning to attend this years' Chicago Drum show! Eric and I will be there, as usual. Be sure to check out www.rebeats.com for the raffle items and the Artist schedules. I will try to arrange a time for the group photo. This years' artist schedule and clinic times are really close. Stay tuned for pics and reviews! ~Peace, Drum Kat

Attachments

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I'll be there Friday, Saturday and until mid afternoon on Sunday. Will be working booth 129 at the back. Selling plenty of vintage Avedis (and some K's) with One Up One Down Vintage Percussion.

Last edited:

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not sure how you guys do two days at the show. I was there last year for about three hours, and that was probably one hour too long.

Then again, I wasn't hunting for deals, and I just wanted to visit Mapex....who wasn't there. :(

I'll probably pop in again this year, but I have to wait to see what my kid's baseball schedule looks like that weekend.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
Hidey-Ho good neighbors! I know I am late in posting, but better late than never! A quick show of hands who is planning to attend this years' Chicago Drum show! Eric and I will be there, as usual. Be sure to check out www.rebeats.com for the raffle items and the Artist schedules. I will try to arrange a time for the group photo. This years' artist schedule and clinic times are really close. Stay tuned for pics and reviews! ~Peace, Drum Kat
I'd definitely like to come back. I was there with Josh of INDe Drum Lab last year displaying some artwork I did of one of his classic drums.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not sure how you guys do two days at the show. I was there last year for about three hours, and that was probably one hour too long.

Then again, I wasn't hunting for deals, and I just wanted to visit Mapex....who wasn't there. :(

I'll probably pop in again this year, but I have to wait to see what my kid's baseball schedule looks like that weekend.
I'm kind of with you on this. Unless I'm going to a clinic... I can see what I'm going to see in an hour or so.

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems silly to drive from Pittsburgh to Chicago for the show and not stay for two days. I'll catch some clinics and usually a master class or two. I have several friends in the area that I try to catch up with and this year I'm going to swing down to "The Launching Pad" restaurant on Rt. 66 in nearby Wilmington Delaware. It is a landmark now owned by a drummer named Tully Garrett and his girlfriend Holly Barker. They just reopened it after a fourteen month renovation. As for the show itself, something cool always goes home with me. My shopping budget this year is around $1000-$1200. I'm sure that something fun will follow me home.

Latest posts